• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA page not displaying (no errors either)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA page not displaying (no errors either) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA page not displaying (no errors either) - 17.May2007 12:36:16 PM   
swiesman

When I try to get to my OWA page internally (we don't use it externally yet) I get the "accept certificate" window, click yes, and then nothing appears.  The URL has:
https://myserver/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://myserver/owa&reason=0

I have tried this is with more than one computer.  I did do something extremely stupid that seemed to cause this.  I installed a trial of Sharepoint Server 2007 on the Exchange OWA machine.  I have since uninstalled it and had to switch IIS back to 64bit mode.  I also removed and created OWA Virtual Directories according to KB 894435.  I can't find any errors in event logs.  Any other ideas?

Thanks
Scott Wiesman

< Message edited by swiesman -- 17.May2007 1:02:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: OWA page not displaying (no errors either) - 22.May2007 12:35:07 PM   
nasdaqprophet

Could be that you replaced your ssl cert recently? 

I have seen this behavior before no errors and would expect a schannel error.

(in reply to swiesman)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA page not displaying (no errors either) - 29.May2007 3:57:07 PM   
markp55

I have the same problem, and I did replace my SSL Cert recently

(in reply to nasdaqprophet)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA page not displaying (no errors either) - 31.May2007 4:23:41 PM   
g00s3m4n

Hi there..

I also had this problem, took a while to figure it out..

At first the page would not load and there would be a yellow exclamation mark in the bottom left corner, if you click that it would say “syntax error on line 7 of login.aspx” or something to that effect. After trying may things, I removed and then re-created the OWA virtual directory in IIS using . After this, the yellow exclamation mark in the bottom left corner went away and you were presented with a blank white page.

After much search around for some log file or explanation for why this was happening, I once again recreated the OWA virtual directory, checked all rights and permissions and still the blank white page.

In absolute desperation, I looked at the code in the source code for the OWA site, here are some of the relevant bits:

<!-- Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved. -->
<!-- OwaPage = ASP.auth_logon_aspx -->

<!-- {57A118C6-2DA9-419d-BE9A-F92B0F9A418B} -->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8">
<meta name="Robots" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
<title>Microsoft Exchange - Outlook Web Access</title>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/owa/8.0.709.0/themes/base/logon.css">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/owa/8.0.709.0/themes/base/owafont.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/owa/8.0.709.0/scripts/premium/flogon.js"></script>

Compared to  another server of mine:

<!-- Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved. -->
<!-- OwaPage = ASP.auth_logon_aspx -->

<!-- {57A118C6-2DA9-419d-BE9A-F92B0F9A418B} -->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8">
<meta name="Robots" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
<title>Microsoft Exchange - Outlook Web Access</title>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/owa/8.0.685.24/themes/base/logon.css">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/owa/8.0.685.24/themes/base/owafont.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/owa/8.0.685.24/scripts/premium/flogon.js"></script>

Notice the difference in the paths.. the OWA virtual directory looks like this:

Perhaps a dodgy update on the 29th or something, whatever the reason the files in the 8.0.709.0 folder don’t seem to be working, so, I used the files from the 8.0.685.24 folder and copied them into the 8.0.709.0 folder, now everything works!

Not sure what update of patch caused the problem, will do some more investigation into it.

Hope this helps someone.

Chris

(in reply to markp55)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA page not displaying (no errors either) - 3.Jun.2007 8:36:55 PM   
swiesman

Thank you all for your replies.  Changing the files in the owa directory fixed it.  Thanks again, I was going nuts:)

Scott

(in reply to g00s3m4n)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA page not displaying (no errors either) - 8.Jun.2007 2:04:24 AM   
staden

I was experiencing the exact symptoms described by g00s3m4n. I found the solution in Issue 2 toward the bottom of this Microsoft Knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/935490/en-us

It explains that this problem is caused by executing Update Rollup 2 for Exchange 2007 after having moved, renamed, or deleted the C:\ExchangeSetupLogs folder. I deleted mine after completing the install of Exchange, thinking that it was no longer needed.

The solution according to the article is to replace the folder or to recreate an empty folder and then to reapply the Rollup 2 update. The article supplies a link to the update. I created an empty folder and applied the update and OWA then worked like a charm.

I hope this helps others that suffer the same fate (and I have seen several posts out there!).

Art

(in reply to swiesman)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA page not displaying (no errors either) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter