• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication req... - 17.May2007 3:26:54 PM   
jvandaele

Why do I have this message :
550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required

The transport rule is : transfert from <email> to a <universal distribution group> ?
My goal is to make a rule like support@xxx.fr transfert to internalsupport@xxx.fr (internalsupport is an universal distribution group)
It's works when the rule is transfert from <email> to <list of email chose one by one>

Thanks for your soon answer.
Best regards.

I have the book Henril Walther about Exchange 2007, but there is no help !
Post #: 1
RE: 550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication... - 26.Jul.2007 4:47:58 PM   
itadmin

I see this is an old question, but no one answered it and I had the same problem. 
By default, the mail flow settings for distribution groups restrict the use of the groups to authenticated users.
Go to the properties of the distribution group.  Go to the Mail Flow Settings tab.  Under Message Delivery Restrictions, uncheck the box that says Require Authentication.
Worked like a champ for me.

(in reply to jvandaele)
Post #: 2
RE: 550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication... - 1.Dec.2008 11:04:06 AM   
zeb

I am having the same issue with Exchange 2008.
I've checked the group properties, and unchecked the authentication required box, deleted and re-created the group also. I'm still getting reports that outside people are unable to email the group because of authentication issues.
Any ideas?

(in reply to itadmin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter