• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MS exchange server configuration and installation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> MS exchange server configuration and installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MS exchange server configuration and installation - 18.May2007 6:31:46 AM   
sam2002_2020

Hi all off

I have active directory in my main office with ISA server 2004 to share internet and firewall activity, with Broadband internet connection. So I want to host exchange server for mail services to my office. Please can you guide me

I can configure MS Exchange in my active directory network, so for I have to install in different machine I have to get dedicated line with public IP address with domain name ?and is their any other infrastructure I have to setup in my network ?  
please any one guide me in this regards
Post #: 1
RE: MS exchange server configuration and installation - 22.May2007 2:53:08 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,

Install exchange application in the member server, keep the database and log files in two different drive. If you have smart host you can register that smart host ip with ISP for creating MX record and create a forwarder for your exchange server.

(in reply to sam2002_2020)
Post #: 2
RE: MS exchange server configuration and installation - 23.May2007 7:10:55 AM   
sam2002_2020

Hello

Right know i have Broadband Internet Line with 256 KBPS and ISA server 2004 configured as a proxy and firewall, Active Directory is also configured with RCPLserver.com domain but is not register, I have internal IP address 172.31.0.1 and Internet IP address in ISA server machine is 192.168.1.2 it is my network

So please can any one guide me for Exchange server.

I want to configure Exchange server for that I have to register Domain name and special internet Line. I can configured in domain network please can any one guide me      

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: MS exchange server configuration and installation - 26.May2007 6:49:04 AM   
robgolding63

For installing exchange server, you can follow this article step-by-step:
http://maxms.net/articles/Installing-Exchange-2003-from-Scratch

As for configuring ISA Server, you will need to publish SMTP to your exchange server's internal IP address, and will obviously need to register a domain name if you have not done already.

Once you have registered a domain, point the MX (Mail eXchanger) record, to your ISA Server's external IP Address. Then mail will come through to your network.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob Golding - http://maxms.net - Windows Server/Exchange Resource Site

(in reply to sam2002_2020)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> MS exchange server configuration and installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter