• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MAC client and the GAL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> MAC client and the GAL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MAC client and the GAL - 23.May2007 2:16:06 PM   
zzeuss1969

Well I finally have my 1 MAC user on IMAP to the Exchange server, now how to get him to be able to view the GAL? He's using AppleMail, and it's asking for a port # to connect to, but I can't find that setting in System Manager. Can someone lend a clue?

My thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: MAC client and the GAL - 24.May2007 12:56:22 AM   
ismail.mohammed

First, you have to point Entourage to the LDAP server in the directory tab of the account settings window (you can use the IP or the name if you have DNS set up correctly)
Second, Entourage won't let you "browse" through the GAL, it will only allow a query. To query the GAL, open entourage, select Tools\directory services. In the folder view verify that your exchange acct name is selected then enter a name in the search field and click find. If you search for "Richard" it will give you all of the "Richards" in the GAL and you can select the appropriate person from there.

In order to browse the contents of the GAL (or GCL), you must be connecting to a Windows 2003 domain controller's LDAP service.  Entourage utilizes an enhancement to Windows Server's LDAP support known as Virtual List Views.  If Entourage connects to a Windows 2000 domain controller, you will be able to search the contents of your GAL, but not browse.

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/exchange/exup_entx.html

(in reply to zzeuss1969)
Post #: 2
RE: MAC client and the GAL - 24.May2007 10:35:54 AM   
zzeuss1969

Thanks Ismail, we got the queries working.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: MAC client and the GAL - 25.May2007 12:26:19 AM   
ismail.mohammed

Can i know how did you resolved your queries

(in reply to zzeuss1969)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> MAC client and the GAL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter