Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management

fortyonejb -> Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (23.May2007 3:57:15 PM)

To start, we have exchange 2007 running and I am attempting to connect to it with Outlook 2007. I am able to connect through the OWA, we have POP access up and running, the only thing I can't do is connect through the outlook anywhere.  From everything I've read its supposed to be extremely simple.  Just enable it, go to outlook and connect, thats pretty much the extent of what I can find for support.  Here is our setup.  The mail server is at mail.mydomain.com.  We can connect successfully to mail.mydomain.com/owa. The pop at mail.mydomain.com is also functioning. 

If i open up the mail feature on my system and create a new account and let it do the auto discovery by using the email myemail@mydomain.com it gets past the first step of network connection, but fails at the next step where it needs to find the settings server.  There is no message there or anything to give me any clue as to the issue.  If i manually set it up using mail.mydomain.com as the server and under the HTTP settings i tell it to use that same domain for access and it will not work.  I get a message "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action".

The best result i've had is now it will autodiscover the domain but it can't find an encryptyed connection so it will automatically set it up as a pop3 connector. I really need to have Outlook anywhere working, where do i go from here?

mvaldezva -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (24.May2007 2:43:48 PM)

Hi.

I have to bad English so if you can write you in spanish.

Well yo must:

1.- The user must have access to Default Global Address List for Outlook Can chake the name, before the configuration you can hide to user from Default Globas Address List.
2.- You go to Control Panel, Correo, there chose New E-mail Account.
3.- Next Chose Microsoft Exchange Server.
4.- When you have to write the:

Microsoft Exchange Server: <cluster Name>.activedirectory.domian.com
User Name:<your user>

Well where says <cluser Name>.activedirectory.domain.com is the full direction of your cluster, mmm well the cluster that have the account.

5.- Chose "more Configuration". Some times if your computer dosn`t see activedirectory it appears some warnings or a new window where says that write again the Exchange Server and User. In the first case only chose OK and the second case chose Cancel. The important is that apperars a window with five mmm how it say, well the title of the window say Microsoft Exchange Server and have in the top says General, Advanced, Security, Conection, Remote E-mail you chose Conection and there down has a option "Connect to exchange mailbox using HTTP, next click on Configuration Proxy of Exchange.

6.- https:// <your email domain> chose in Outlook Anywhere configuration by example my domain is http://exmail.ipn.mx. Where says Autentification chose Autentification Basic. Click on Accept and again in the past window "Accept". Must return to window that give Cluster direction and user, Click on Check Name. After this the name of the user in active directory appears with down line, and is all.

Ah and yes, i'am using exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007.

t0ta11ed -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (24.May2007 3:52:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fortyonejb

To start, we have exchange 2007 running and I am attempting to connect to it with Outlook 2007. I am able to connect through the OWA, we have POP access up and running, the only thing I can't do is connect through the outlook anywhere.  From everything I've read its supposed to be extremely simple.  Just enable it, go to outlook and connect, thats pretty much the extent of what I can find for support.  Here is our setup.  The mail server is at mail.mydomain.com.  We can connect successfully to mail.mydomain.com/owa. The pop at mail.mydomain.com is also functioning. 

If i open up the mail feature on my system and create a new account and let it do the auto discovery by using the email myemail@mydomain.com it gets past the first step of network connection, but fails at the next step where it needs to find the settings server.  There is no message there or anything to give me any clue as to the issue.  If i manually set it up using mail.mydomain.com as the server and under the HTTP settings i tell it to use that same domain for access and it will not work.  I get a message "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action".

The best result i've had is now it will autodiscover the domain but it can't find an encryptyed connection so it will automatically set it up as a pop3 connector. I really need to have Outlook anywhere working, where do i go from here?

Outlook Anywhere is for connecting to an Exchange server across the internet. It has nothing to do with connecting to the mail server internally. Your post doesn't really make it clear which way you're doing this. In Exchange 2003 it was known as RPC over HTTPS. Internally, the Outlook 2k7 client uses Autodiscovery and as long as the AD domain and Exchange are setup properly this will work with no issues.

If you're attempting to setup Outlook (using Outlook Anywhere) from a location outside the network over the net, the setup requires you to enter the internal FQDN of the mail server first (this will initially fail of course just like the error message you recieved, but you can cancel it and proceed with the rest of the setup), then set the webmail URL in the HTTP Proxy settings. Once I did this it worked.

The post before this includes references to clusters and is not really related to what you want to do.

mvaldezva -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (24.May2007 3:56:29 PM)

The configuration that i wrote is using Outlook AnyWhere in a external computer of course, across internet. If the computer is in the internal red is other easier configuration .

t0ta11ed -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (24.May2007 4:04:15 PM)

Yes, in a roundabout yet confusing way using a poor choice of words you did explain it. 

mvaldezva -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (24.May2007 4:42:01 PM)

Yes, because i don't write fine english.

But mmm i can send a guide. what is your email, or mi account in communicator us mvaldezva@ipn.mx

t0ta11ed -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (25.May2007 9:47:30 AM)

I don't need a guide, thanks.

tchalfant -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (29.May2007 6:36:07 PM)

I found a solution at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927612/en-us

Hope this helps. Peace.

mgiurgeu -> RE: Exchange 2007 outlook anywhere problem connecting. (1.Mar.2012 9:07:13 AM)

this is what worked for me (Exchange 2007 under SBS 2008):

- in Exchange Management Console, right click Organization Configuration and chose Modify Configuration Domain Controller
- browse domain
- browse domain controller

Page: [1]