• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

No Free/Busy information could be retrieved

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> No Free/Busy information could be retrieved Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Free/Busy information could be retrieved - 6.Jun.2007 11:32:37 PM   
mabro

I have a single Exchange 2003 server enterprise sp1 (which is 2nd DC of 2003 AD). When Outlook users (with native Exchange account connections) create meeting appointments, they are unable to view the free/busy status of the attendees.  A message "No free/busy information could be retrieved" shows when they click on hash covering the attendees days.  The users have no special privileges to the attendee mailboxes. 

How do I allow users to see each others free/busy without giving them permission access to details on the other attendees calendars?

In web searches, I have seen this type question floated many times but responses always talk about Calendar Connector to some other systems such as Notes.  However this is solely and Exchange system with Exchange/Outlook users.

thanks for your time
Michael
Post #: 1
RE: No Free/Busy information could be retrieved - 7.Jun.2007 11:11:02 AM   
uemurad

In Outlook, open Tools-->Options-->Calendar Options-->Free/Busy Options.
How many months of data are you publishing, and how often?

Also, are you running Outlook in cache mode?  Free/Busy information is stored on the server and cannot be cached.  Make sure Outlook is "Connected" and not "Offline".  Try running Outlook in non-cache mode to see if that changes what you see.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to mabro)
Post #: 2
RE: No Free/Busy information could be retrieved - 8.Jun.2007 12:15:32 AM   
mabro

You said the key words "cache mode".  Now testing with non-cache mode I can see the calendar items.  It definitely appears that it works when the attendee is in non-cache mode AND the viewer is in non-cache mode.
The Exchange side has not been fiddled with so it is in stock-standard mode, so the issue is the Outlook client end cacheing. 

So problem solved!

thanks
Michael

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> No Free/Busy information could be retrieved Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter