Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

jksit1 -> Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (8.Jun.2007 5:49:51 AM)

Hello all,

I recently joined a company who is running Exchange 2003 for mail services. Currently they have three issues with their Exchange server that I cannot seem to resolve.

The First Administrative Group icon is Gray instead of Red? It has been like this for some time and I am not sure if this indicates that there is a problem with Exchange?

The “Change” button on the Log file Directory has been grayed out? A path has not been specified, instead the following error message is being displayed “An error occurred during a call to Windows Management Instrumentation|||| ID no:80041013|| Exchange System Manager||”

No counters are currently being displayed in Performance Monitor? I cannot even add any counters as the “Add” button has been greyed out?

Unfortunately, I have not found any resolves for these issues on the net. I have tried the following;

Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System ManagerResolves tried; Check that the "Impersonate a client after Authentication" policy to see if the Service and Local Service are present. 
The Policy is being applied from the local machine. No Domain GP is being applied to define these settings. Regardless, it still has both accounts applied

Check to see if any 3rd Party Software is causing a conflict
I have checked Microsoft’s recommendations to see if any programs listed would cause an issue. We do not have any of the listed programs on the Exchange Server

Re-register the Exchange 2003 namespace with WMI
I have re-registered the Exwmi.mof file. As recommended by Microsoft relating to the But this has made no difference

Download and Install Microsoft Exchange Analyzer tool
Did not really tell me anything related to the issues that I am having?

Can anyone help?

pjhutch -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (8.Jun.2007 8:25:21 AM)

I had a similar problem some time ago, when my Windows XP workstation could not see Exchange properties in Exchange Manager and constantly got WMI errors.

I had to re-register some entries etc:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920858/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288590

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (11.Jun.2007 4:38:44 AM)

Thanks for the reply pjhutch,

I have tried both fixes with no luck! Anything else that you can think of?

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (12.Jun.2007 4:16:08 AM)

Hello fellow Techie's,

I managed to fix one of the three issues that I am facing on the Exchange Server. Performance Monitor was showing no counters that I could add.
The following files were missing from the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 FOLDER;
Perfc009.dat
Perfd009.dat
Perfh009.dat
Perfi009.dat

I basically copied these over from another 2000 Server and placed them in the directory.

Some help on the other issues would be highly appreciated.

Regards

JJK

pjhutch -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (12.Jun.2007 5:29:56 AM)

Have you had a look at DCOM Components such as security permissions or the WMI Control security because I am sure it somewhere like that that fixed the problem.

As for Performance counters, its a case of registering various Perf lib DLLs and enabling the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (13.Jun.2007 7:08:19 AM)

Thanks for the reply.
I have now done the following;
Added the Local service & Network Service accounts into the Root of the WMI Control. I could not seem to find a way to force this permission change through to the sub directories i.e CIMV2, Microsoft, Default etc...
I then maually added these accounts and enabled the
Execute Methods
Provider Write
and Enable Account permissions.
I then went to Component Services and changed the Default Security - Edit Default access & added Administrators
Deafult Launch Administrators already contained the Administrators group.
Not sure what the default Impersonation level should be? Identify or Impersonate? I have changed it to "Identify" from "Impersonate" anyway.
After applying the changes, I was told to restart before changes took effect, this will have to be done tonight as I cannot afford downtime during the day.

Fingers crossed, this should work! If there is anything else I may have left out, please let me know?

Cheers

JJK 

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (14.Jun.2007 5:39:28 AM)

Rebooted the Server last night, only to find the same error message on the log file directory in Exchange. [:@] 

pjhutch -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (14.Jun.2007 6:11:12 AM)

What was the text of the error message?

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (14.Jun.2007 6:12:01 AM)

I have noticed that I get the following error message in Event Viewers Application Logs everytime I open the properties page of the Exchanger Server;

Failed to CoGetClassObject for provider "Exchange Server Provider". Class not registered (0x80040154)

Event ID 12 Source WinMgmt

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (14.Jun.2007 6:52:13 AM)

The “Change” button on the Log file Directory has been grayed out? A path has not been specified, instead the following error message is being displayed;

“An error occurred during a call to Windows Management Instrumentation|||| ID no:80041013|| Exchange System Manager||”

BClinton -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (24.Jul.2007 1:57:22 AM)

I had the same problem Message Tracking and DSAccess tab until I did the following: Go to Services.mscGo to Microsoft Exchange Management serviceGo into the properties of that service then click on the Log On tabUncheck "Allow service to interact with desktop"Restart Microsoft Exchange Management service This completely fixed my issue with both problems.  Some earlier administrator had checked that box on all the MS Exchange services.  I went through and unchecked them all.  Works like a champ now. Please let us know if this resolves your issue. Good luck! gw

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (6.Aug.2007 4:22:48 AM)

Thanks mate, well done! That seems to have done the trick! I can't believe it was something so simple! That is the second of the three issues sorted. My third and last request to you all, please tell me if any of you has had the following;

The First Administrative Group icon is Gray instead of Red? It has been like this for some time and I am not sure if this indicates that there is a problem with Exchange?

Thanks in advance

JJK

BClinton -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (6.Aug.2007 9:45:33 AM)

Mine is gray as well.  I have noticed it but never thought it meant there was an issue.  If you find out different, please post here. Glad my tip helped...  That was a tough one to figure out. Thanks!

jksit1 -> RE: Error: Windows management Instrumentation ID no. 80041013 Exchange System Manager (6.Aug.2007 9:58:48 AM)

Cheers BClinton,

Will do!

JJK

Page: [1]