• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook 2003 Cannot Connect to Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Outlook 2003 Cannot Connect to Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook 2003 Cannot Connect to Exchange - 11.Jun.2007 1:40:21 PM   
jmarch

Hello All,

I have just finished an install of Exchange Server 2007 and cannot get the Outlook 2003 clients to connect.  OWA is working fine.

When we are adding a new mail account in Outlook 2k3 we select the Exchange option and type in server name.  (MX record created in DNS on DC).  This name would normally switch to the FQDN of the server but it does not (ex.  If we have MX record MailSvr resolution would switch to SvrMail1.domain.com)  We then type in the user's name and click "Check Name".  The error returned is:

"The action could not be completed.  The bookmark is not valid"

I have looked through this site and other sites with vague references to OAB permissions and such but I still have no resolution to this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**resolved**

Only if everying was always this simple and really it should be the first thing most of us do with Windows.....Reboot the DC.

< Message edited by jmarch -- 12.Jun.2007 10:44:45 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Outlook 2003 Cannot Connect to Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter