Outlook Anwhere / RCP over HTTPS - how to disable users (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

stevehoot -> Outlook Anwhere / RCP over HTTPS - how to disable users (17.Jun.2007 5:10:12 PM)

Hi all,

Got 2 users who 'need' Outlook Anywhere on our Exchange 2007 setup (all native). Apparently OWA isn't good enough for them!

Anyway, now CA have finally released their mailbox AV product that I have installed I've ran out of excuses to do it, but I have one question. How can I disable/enable Outlook Anywhere access on a per user basis?

I don't want anyone else to be able to use Outlook Anywhere other than the 2 people who have requsted it. (One is using a company laptop, so I'm happy. The other is a director - so I can't really say no, although I hate the fact he's not using a company managed desktop so anything could be installed on it...!)
Other than the 2 users who are authorised to use it, how can I stop anyone else from using Outlook Anywhere?

Cheers,

Steve.

John Weber -> RE: Outlook Anwhere / RCP over HTTPS - how to disable users (18.Jun.2007 12:04:23 PM)

edited...
Apparently my typing skills are in question.  what is needed is:

-MAPIBlockOutlookRpcHttp

am I dyslexic or what?

What a great question!

set-casmailbox -mapiblockoutlookrpcthhp:$true

you can do:

get-user | set-casmailbox -mapiblockoutlookrpcthhp:$true

which will kill all access, and then go back and to a $false for the two in question to allow them to use it.

HTH, John

quote:

ORIGINAL: stevehoot

Hi all,

Got 2 users who 'need' Outlook Anywhere on our Exchange 2007 setup (all native). Apparently OWA isn't good enough for them!

Anyway, now CA have finally released their mailbox AV product that I have installed I've ran out of excuses to do it, but I have one question. How can I disable/enable Outlook Anywhere access on a per user basis?

I don't want anyone else to be able to use Outlook Anywhere other than the 2 people who have requsted it. (One is using a company laptop, so I'm happy. The other is a director - so I can't really say no, although I hate the fact he's not using a company managed desktop so anything could be installed on it...!)
Other than the 2 users who are authorised to use it, how can I stop anyone else from using Outlook Anywhere?

Cheers,

Steve.

stevehoot -> RE: Outlook Anwhere / RCP over HTTPS - how to disable users (19.Jun.2007 3:49:31 AM)

Hi John - what a great answer.

Yeah - i guessed the HTTP bit after PowerShell shat itself! :-)

Really appreciated - works a treat. Takes a bit of time getting used to doing a lot of stuff in Exchange through EMS, but wow it has some power behind it.

Thanks again - great answer! (Couldn't find it anywhere else on the net!)

Cheers,

Steve.

Adam Hay -> RE: Outlook Anwhere / RCP over HTTPS - how to disable users (10.Apr.2008 12:47:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Weber

edited...
Apparently my typing skills are in question.  what is needed is:

-MAPIBlockOutlookRpcHttp

am I dyslexic or what?

What a great question!

set-casmailbox -mapiblockoutlookrpcthhp:$true

you can do:

get-user | set-casmailbox -mapiblockoutlookrpcthhp:$true

which will kill all access, and then go back and to a $false for the two in question to allow them to use it.

HTH, John

Wow! I didn't think this was possible.  This looks like exactly what we need as well.

One question though.  Being an EMS noob, could you give me the exact syntax for re-enabling a particular user for OutlookAnywhere access?  I guess the part that is throwing me off in your example is that I'm not seeing where the identity for the mailbox to enable is specified.

Thanks,
Adam

Page: [1]