Adding Mobile Devices To Exch2007 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

Whitey436 -> Adding Mobile Devices To Exch2007 (25.Jun.2007 9:29:44 AM)

I am installing a new E2K7 exchange server to an existing E2K3 exchange in a domain running AD.  The users want to use Motorola Q mobile devices.  I currently do not have a 'real' CA.  The main requirement is to have mobile devices functioning although I would like OA and OWA also.  I have the OWA working without any issues.
I have read that I need to obtain a true CA in order to make my mobile devices work.  Is this true??
I also have read that there are certain  CAs that will work with mobile devices and others that wont. 

Does anyone have advice on which to use to meet the requirement while minimizing costs?

Thanks for any advice!!

Keith

Henrik Walther -> RE: Adding Mobile Devices To Exch2007 (25.Jun.2007 2:47:44 PM)

Well Godaddy.com have SSL certificates that are trusted by WM 5.0 and 6.0 by default, and they don't cost more than 20$ per year.

Whitey436 -> RE: Adding Mobile Devices To Exch2007 (25.Jun.2007 2:54:31 PM)

Can I get one SSL to work with all three, ActiveSync, OA, and OWA?

Henrik Walther -> RE: Adding Mobile Devices To Exch2007 (25.Jun.2007 3:06:35 PM)

Currently they don't offer SAN certificates so you need to use the workaround that's discussed in my book and on this forum or get a SAN certificate from one of the CAs listed in the following KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929395

Page: [1]