• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Restore Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Restore Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restore Exchange - 28.Jun.2007 6:52:25 PM   
gagnons

I went to a company that had their Windows 2000 Server crash. Replaced their hard drive and restored to SP4 and did a data reload. I resetup Exchange Server 2000 on it did a restore of their Exchange Stores. (wow was that unreal) I can look in Exchange Manager and see all their mail boxes with data in them. Problem is when the users are resetup on the server and I try to access from Outlook 2000 I get a new box rather then the old data. When you look at the last time logged on in Exchange Manager it is listed as user S-1-5-21-1409082233- etc.  Any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Restore Exchange - 29.Jun.2007 3:57:08 AM   
ismail.mohammed

Ok,
Before you could restore i believe you have restore the system state back up?
Any way right now they are able to see new mail box not the old one.
So have you restored the old exchange database
Have you check the size of the mailbox in the exchange mailbox store, did you try to run mailbox cleanup agent... ?

if any one of the above steps doesn't work please explain us what are the steps you have to restructure your DC and exchange and it's database

(in reply to gagnons)
Post #: 2
RE: Restore Exchange - 29.Jun.2007 5:30:52 PM   
gagnons

Got it to work. I don't know if this is the MS approved method but it worked. I went to AD users and highlited all the users. The right clicked and went to Exchange Tasks and deleted their mail boxws. The in Exchange Manager I right clicked the mail boxes one at a time and had it reconnect to the user. Worked great.. Thanks all. Some times you just need some one to explain a problem to inorder to find an answer. After this week I feel like I'm and expert at restoring Exchange on a damaged 2000 server.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: Restore Exchange - 29.Jun.2007 5:35:49 PM   
ismail.mohammed

Microsoft recommendation always keep backup of the database.
Good to know that it is resolved. keep up the good work.

(in reply to gagnons)
Post #: 4
RE: Restore Exchange - 3.Oct.2007 5:25:09 PM   
SteveInMS

I have a similar problem on one of our users mailboxes. 

We have a mix of Win2000 users, as well as WinXP users. Our Exchange Server is running 2003. (not enterprise)

In the Exchange System manager, under:  First Storage Group\Mailbox Store\Mailboxes...   
Looking at the column heading "Last Logged on By"  they either read  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, or  <DOMAIN>\<username> 

But, I have ONE user that we had issues with in the past, and his shows: 
S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx. 

Is there any way to rebuild his SID, or should I delete it and create a new mailbox?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.      

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Restore Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter