• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

new hardwrae for old server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> new hardwrae for old server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new hardwrae for old server - 2.Jul.2007 2:29:54 AM   
ankaaa

Hello,

I am currently nursing a very sick ( hardware-wise ) Exchange 2003 SBS and am awaiting the arrival of new hardware to which i wish to switch it.

I have read a few of the microsoft techsheets etc and was wondering if there was a really easy step by step guide around.

I will have 2 days to do the move as it is in a very busy office environ with no room for delays or problems...

Also i was wondering if anyone nows what would happen if i used somethig like Ghost to dump an image on the new comp....???

or is this just wishful thinking

regards and hopes

Rowan Mitchell
Post #: 1
RE: new hardwrae for old server - 2.Jul.2007 4:57:42 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,
If it is just a member server then it is very easy..
Take the system state backup, and exchange database backup.

Then bring the new server and give the same ip address and join it with the domain.
Then run setup.exe /disasterrecovery switch. ( it will take exchange application information from the configuration partition and will install all exchange binaries)
Then restore the database and run cleanup agent and if you see mailbox is disconnected then reconnect through mailbox reconnect agent in the ESM 2003

(in reply to ankaaa)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> new hardwrae for old server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter