• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using Alias's to remote domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Using Alias's to remote domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Alias's to remote domain - 9.Jul.2007 4:20:59 PM   
tecjms

scenario:  Exchange is installed on msw.contoso.com, the users logon using J_Smith, so the email addresses are J_Smith@msw.contoso.com, sent externally by a Unix sendmail system, instead of a Edge Transport Server.  The Unix sendmail system is part of the contoso.com domain, currently it sends mail to users with addresses like john.smith@contoso.com.

I need to use alias's on the msw.contoso.com email users, so that they do not see the J_Smith@msw.contoso.com, and they see and reply using a john.smith@contoso.com.  Is there a way to accomplish this using and email address policy, or maybe a CMDLET that would set this for the alias's on all users?   I found this hard to do, based on the fact the msw.contoso.com exchange server does not recongnize the contoso.com domain, so you can't set the alias. Maybe this can be achieved using the "custon attributes" listed on the General Tab of the Users properties...but I'm not sure how to do this.

I can currently send mail...everything works fine, just got to figure out this Alias problem...any help is greatly appreiciated.

Thanks,
tecjms
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Using Alias's to remote domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter