• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Free/Busy time not showing outlook 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Free/Busy time not showing outlook 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free/Busy time not showing outlook 2007 - 10.Jul.2007 8:49:23 PM   
DigitalN

Just completed an exchange 2007 server setup, 1 x Edge Transport, 2 x CAS, 1 x Mailbox server (local continuos replication)

Everything appears to be working fine, except that clients using Outlook 2007 cannot see anyone in their OU's Free/Busy time. Calendars can be shared and accessed, no problems there.

Clients using outlook 2003 can see everyones in their OU's free/Busy time.

I understand that outlook 2007 accesses the free/busy data differently than Outlook 2003 (which used public folders) but how exactly can i trouble shoot this issue with 2007 clients who can't see the Free/Busy time?
Post #: 1
RE: Free/Busy time not showing outlook 2007 - 11.Jul.2007 4:23:30 AM   
rvaglid

Hi, first open outlook, then hold down the left ctrl while you right-click the outlook-icon in the tray. Choose "Test E-mail autoconfiguration".
Remove the ticks for "Use Guessmart" and "Secure Guessmart Authentication" and push the "Test"-button.

If autoconfiguration is set up correctly it should say something like
"OOF URL: https://exchangeserver.company.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx".
Otherwise, something is wrong :)

Cheers
Rolf

(in reply to DigitalN)
Post #: 2
RE: Free/Busy time not showing outlook 2007 - 11.Jul.2007 7:54:02 AM   
DigitalN

Cheers Rolf, I stumbled upon the answer after I posted - cheers for your description, that would most certainly help with finding the problem.

I didn't know that Free/Busy relied upon the autodiscover being setup correctly, having only recently cracked up Outlook 2007, it had not been apparent that that was the case.

In my case, the autodiscover virtual directory was misconfigured, the .xml extension wasn't added to the application configuration, so the autodiscover.xml file didn't do anything - I also had to set a CNAME record for autodiscover.mydomain.com pointing to mail.servername.com so that the SSL cert match errors didn't cause a problem.

Thanks for the help :)

(in reply to rvaglid)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Free/Busy time not showing outlook 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter