managing blackberry users? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS

dotnetnoob -> managing blackberry users? (18.Jul.2007 5:28:02 PM)

Hi All: I'm in the process of migrating a small group of 5 users from POP to SBS2003/Exchange.

Currently they use Outlook 2003 and connect to the POP server to download mail. The POP server is configured to also forward incoming mail to several of the users' Blackberries.

I was going to switch MX for their domain from the current server directly to their SBS server (as opposed to having it POP in to users' mailboxes).

If I transition them to SBS, is there any way to forward mail to user's blackberries from inside Exchange? Or is Blackberry Enterprise Server the only way to do it? They don't want to spend $1099 for BES at this time.

vsin11 -> RE: managing blackberry users? (6.Aug.2007 7:18:01 AM)

Hi,

No, there is no way inside Exchange to forward emails to Blackberries. You need to get Blackberry Enterprise Server for that.
I am not sure if there can be some third party options or Blackberry Service providers.

Thanks.

leastcmplicated -> RE: managing blackberry users? (13.Aug.2007 11:27:10 AM)

In the blackberry software there should be a desktop redirector.  As long as outlook is running on the computer, that software will push email to the blackberry.  I currently have 4 people using this solution and so far its worked flawlessly.  good luck.

tekneck -> RE: managing blackberry users? (23.Sep.2007 1:23:59 PM)

I simply created BB emails as 'contacts' then told the system to forward copies of all mail to the necessary users to the appropriate contact.

The message gets to their BB and stays in the outlook client... this is the only issue. They need to delete messages but they get them on the road without BES.

My 2cents worth.

paulstainton -> RE: managing blackberry users? (14.Oct.2007 7:50:38 AM)

Hi,

I aggree with tekneck,  take a look at this article...

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html

Kind regards
Paul Stainton

cestmoi -> RE: managing blackberry users? (6.Nov.2007 4:07:08 PM)

Tekneck says: The message gets to their BB and stays in the outlook client... this is the only issue. They need to delete messages but they get them on the road without BES.

I don't understand the issue about deleting messages.  How's is this an issue?  So what if the user cannot synchronize deletion on their Blackberries with their Exchange mailbox?  To me, this is not an issue.  Just a matter of convenience.  Like you, I've set up users by forwarding a copy of all emails to their BBs at the Exchange level and there were no issues whatsoever.

Page: [1]