• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrade from EX2k3 to EX2k7

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Upgrade from EX2k3 to EX2k7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade from EX2k3 to EX2k7 - 29.Jul.2007 9:31:18 PM   
adam33

Hi Guys,
We have a Server 2003 machine with exchange 2003 installed on it, that is also the PDC on the network. I need to know if it is possible to copy across the exchange data from this server to another server with Exchange 2007 installed on it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Post #: 1
RE: Upgrade from EX2k3 to EX2k7 - 30.Jul.2007 4:27:53 AM   
ismail.mohammed

i don't think so..

if we have 5.5 and 2k3 we can do forklifting as it is the part of same organization and same administrative group (Note : forklifting is not a recommended one) but when there is no option sometime we need to carry out.

But when we talk about exchange 2007... i guess it will create it's own administratvie group and will sync with 2k3 administrative group.

For mounting the database Org and  administrative group name must be matched between the databasae and exchange application.

(in reply to adam33)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Upgrade from EX2k3 to EX2k7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter