• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange not delivering emails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange not delivering emails Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange not delivering emails - 10.Aug.2007 1:06:27 PM   
seanlewisokc

Anyword on this?

(in reply to jroos)
Post #: 21
RE: Exchange not delivering emails - 17.Aug.2007 10:26:28 AM   
jroos

Ok, with help from a friend of mine, we determined that it is a problem with the exchange database.  AFTER this install of exchange, I used the ESM to move the database location onto a diffrent partition, then I copied the database to that lockation.  I found out that if you do not setup the database in hte proper location on install, it cant be done very easily.  Once I move the Database back and switched where exchange was looking at the database, it worked fine.  Thanks all for your help.

(in reply to seanlewisokc)
Post #: 22
RE: Exchange not delivering emails - 17.Aug.2007 10:56:28 AM   
uemurad

I'm glad to hear you had someone nearby that could lend a hand.  This is one of many types of issues that are difficult to troubleshoot remotely.  Based on the symptoms, I don't know that I ever would have thought to look where you found the problem.

In fact, if you wouldn't mind, it would be great if you and your friend could post some thoughts in this thread noting what led you to look where you did, how you determined the resolution, and the steps you took to implement.  You might be saving a fellow Exchange Admin some grief in the future.

< Message edited by uemurad -- 17.Aug.2007 11:01:41 AM >

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to jroos)
Post #: 23

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange not delivering emails Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter