• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light mode, even with set-CASMailbox applied?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light mode, even with set-CASMailbox applied? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light mode... - 3.Aug.2007 9:13:54 PM   
wjbarton

Hello, I have two users thus far that cannot view their mailboxes via OWA 2007 in Premium "mode", only Light mode, regardless of the mode setting chosen at login.

This issue is not pc/browser related, as I can log in with my account on a machine in Premium mode successfully, log off, have that user log on right away from the same pc, same window even, and they are forced into Light mode.  This also happens when using the Open Other Mailbox option to open their mailbox in a new window, after having given myself permission to do so via the management shell.  The new window opens up to Light mode for those users' mailboxes every time.

I have repeatedly specified the -OWAPremiumClientEnabled as $true using set-CASMailbox in the management shell, yet still the result is the same.  I've rebooted after specifying that paramteter in the shell, just in case.  I've also used the shell to disable and re-enable OWA access altogether for each of the affected users, successfully testing that the feature was disabled/enabled appropriately.

It is an every time issue for at least two of my users.  The only common factor that I can see thus far may be the number of folders each of these two users has in their mailbox - they both have a larger than average number of folders for their own organizational purposes.  That may be irrelevant, but it is the only possible culprit I've been able to isolate thus far.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Has someone already been to this show?

Thanks,

- WJB
Post #: 1
RE: OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light ... - 9.Aug.2007 5:34:12 PM   
esoterik1967

Why dont you try removing one out of the two users and make sure their mailbox is like the ones that do work.

(in reply to wjbarton)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light ... - 9.Aug.2007 6:02:13 PM   
wjbarton

Thanks for that - the problem actually ended up being the "blind and low vision experience" option.  Apparently a few of my users inadvertently checked that option on their first login to Exchange 2007 webmail - the option only shows up on the first login.  Once it's been set, users get a very limited version of high-contrast web access, seemingly even more limited than the actual Light mode login.  To remove the restriction, users had to uncheck the option, after logging in, under Options -> Accessibility.  The Premium mode was happily available for them when they next logged in.

In Premium mode, the blind/low vision option is selectable under Options -> General (or it may be General Settings).

Thanks,

- WJB

(in reply to esoterik1967)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light ... - 9.Aug.2007 6:06:05 PM   
esoterik1967

oh! thats good to know! thx...

(in reply to wjbarton)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light ... - 27.Jun.2008 7:26:55 AM   
yomi

Hello,

I have done the instructions but I still have my OWA coming in Light mode.
All other users get the Premium OWA even on my laptop, its just mine that is coming in light mode.

Anyone out there to help please!!!

(in reply to wjbarton)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light ... - 26.Aug.2008 11:10:37 AM   
vkozlek

I don't know what causes this.  I only found one user so far where their account always logs into light mode.  Even though the properties all look the same as a user that is working. 

get-casmailbox -identity <user@domain.com> | fl
shows all of the properties as <$null>. (i.e. blank)
Which is OK for most of the users.. but then some are not working in premium mode.

If you set any properties, such as -OWAPremiumClientEnabled to $true, it automatically sets the rest of the properties to $false.  What a bug.  This was great... my user was trying to access Public Folders via OWA Premium but kept logging into light when choosing premium.  So I changed the -OWAPremiumClientEnabled property to true... she said not only did it not log me into Premium, but now I don't have my calendar or contacts!

To fix this, set all of the properties to True for that user.

set-casmailbox -identity <user@domain.com> -OWAEnabled:$true -OWACalendarEnabled:$true -OWAContactsEnabled:$true -OWATasksEnabled:$true -OWAJournalEnabled:$true -OWANotesEnabled:$true -OWARemindersAndNotificationsEnabled:$true -OWAPremiumClientEnabled:$true -OWASpellCheckerEnabled:$true -OWASearchFoldersEnabled:$true -OWASignaturesEnabled:$true -OWAThemeSelectionEnabled:$true -OWAJunkEmailEnabled:$true -OWAUMIntegrationEnabled:$true -OWAWSSAccessOnPublicComputersEnabled:$true -OWAWSSAccessOnPrivateComputersEnabled:$true -OWAUNCAccessOnPublicComputersEnabled:$true -OWAUNCAccessOnPrivateComputersEnabled:$true -OWAActiveSyncIntegrationEnabled:$true -OWAAllAddressListsEnabled:$true -OWAChangePasswordEnabled:$true -OWARulesEnabled:$true -OWAPublicFoldersEnabled:$true -OWASMimeEnabled:$true -OWARecoverDeletedItemsEnabled:$true

Once I did that, the user was working fine in premium mode.

The question is, should I be setting all of these properties for all of my users, even when they haven't complained... one reason I am questioning it is because it is not easy to set the properties back to <blank>.... I did find a process to do so at http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3408024&SiteID=17
which involves manually modifying attributes using ADModify.

Who knows if something else may be set to $false when setting this batch to $true.....

If anyone has any input after changing these properties for all of their users, please let me know.

(in reply to yomi)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light ... - 14.Mar.2011 3:26:59 PM   
fshields

Awesome! This fix still works years later.

I can't seem to find a PowerShell object that has the BlindAsABat property on it. I'd love to check for this (and possibly correct this) programmatically.

(in reply to wjbarton)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2007 users always forced into Web Access Light mode, even with set-CASMailbox applied? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter