• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Where to get Exchange Knowledge

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Certification >> Where to get Exchange Knowledge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where to get Exchange Knowledge - 21.Aug.2007 7:53:01 PM   
ponzekap2

Hi, Im a network admin in his early twenties, and have been told by some of my older colleagues, that I should focus in an area that interests me, instead of being a jack of all trades.  I definately want to focus on Exchange Server, as it interests me an insane amount.  Here is the issue.  No one at my company is an Exchange guru that I can be an apprenticeship to, and ive taken and gotten my MCSE Messaging test.  What can i do to become a "guru" for lack of a better phrase?  What can I do?  Any help would be insanely appreciated. 
Post #: 1
RE: Where to get Exchange Knowledge - 21.Aug.2007 11:06:31 PM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,

If i would be in your place i will blog my self in the exchange forums, articles.. Will try to understand what is the question they have blogged and based on that i will search in google and will try to understand what i suppose to looking for.

One of the most important thing i use to create my own lab to play around and for giving suggestion for my company setup and forums.

(in reply to ponzekap2)
Post #: 2
RE: Where to get Exchange Knowledge - 9.Jan.2010 10:56:43 PM   
loganadrian28

quote:

ORIGINAL: ponzekap2

Hi, Im a network admin in his early twenties, and have been told by some of my older colleagues, that I should focus in an area that interests me, instead of being a jack of all trades.  I definately want to focus on Exchange Server, as it interests me an insane amount.  Here is the issue.  No one at my company is an Exchange guru that I can be an apprenticeship to, and ive taken and gotten my MCSE Messaging test.  What can i do to become a "guru" for lack of a better phrase?  What can I do?  Any help would be insanely appreciated. 

To become a guru so to speak, you do not need to be apprentice to someone in your office. You can  go online to interact with like minded people. Or you can play around with exchange server yourself. Many gurus are born by themselves. They spent countless hours experimenting and trying till they become an expert. Hope this helps to give you some direction.

How to Get Your Ex Back

(in reply to ponzekap2)
Post #: 3
RE: Where to get Exchange Knowledge - 10.Jan.2010 4:32:46 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Did you know that Microsoft has alot of great FREE training here: Exchange Server in Depth: Master Concepts and Optimize Your Server Environment

Add to that a lab or make use of another great Free Microsoft training utility: Exchange Server Virtual Labs

Don't be afraid of looking into the Help File: Exchange Server 2010 Help

Also try to focus in on basic concepts before deep diving into the cool stuff. I know, it may not be what you want to hear but it's really important to have the basics down before proceeding.

Last but not least go to the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog - You Had Me at Ehlo - and get inspired and check out some blog links.

(in reply to ponzekap2)
Post #: 4
RE: Where to get Exchange Knowledge - 3.Aug.2011 10:58:18 PM   
Temmu

fwiw, i've learned stuff through good folks at forums and google.

but honestly, if you can get your company to swing it, an instructor-led (live) training (with labs) is best, be it in-person or on line. it permits questions.

there's instructor-led cd's too, and i've gotten ahead using those, and your company may find that as an acceptable alternative to the costlier live classes.

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Certification >> Where to get Exchange Knowledge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter