• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

System Attendant hangs after moving mailboxes to new 03 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> System Attendant hangs after moving mailboxes to new 03 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
System Attendant hangs after moving mailboxes to new 03... - 25.Aug.2007 4:44:33 PM   
DocFinity

Hello,  I just moved all my mailboxes over to my new exchange 2003 server last night which is working fine.  However I need my old 2000 server up and running to redirect my outlook clients to the new server.  The exchange system attendant is trying to start for a very long time,  Ive yet to see it error.  I did not move the system attendant mailbox.  The only thing that changed was my old server IP was 10.10.1.10 and I put the IP on the new exchange server,  and now the old server has 10.10.1.114.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks. 
Post #: 1
RE: System Attendant hangs after moving mailboxes to ne... - 27.Aug.2007 12:41:33 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,
When system attendant is not responding it means that GC\DC is not responding to that server major of the time.

I would suggest you to check the dc and network communication between the exchange server and dc.
is it happening periodically or SA is not starting at all, check the application log to know the status and event id.
Try to run exbpa (www.exbpa.com) which will check the health performance of the exchange server.
Try to disable any third application and check it out. but before this check the connectivity.

(in reply to DocFinity)
Post #: 2
RE: System Attendant hangs after moving mailboxes to ne... - 27.Aug.2007 8:59:51 AM   
DocFinity

I made sure all the exchange virtual servers were set to "all unassigned" IP address, some were still using the original IP that I assigned to the new server.  I think that solved issue.  

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> System Attendant hangs after moving mailboxes to new 03 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter