• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook object guard model

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Outlook object guard model Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook object guard model - 27.Aug.2007 7:44:46 PM   
ryza010

Hi there,
I have a situation where we use a document management software that ties in with Outlook 2003. We have been getting the ongoing issue of when a user tries to upload email to the document management software we get that horrible outlook message "A program is trying to access data from Outlook that may include address book information. do you want to allow this?" So far i have done the usual steps as to create the public folder called "Outlook Security Settings" and uploaded a form called "default security settings" in these settings i have made modifications to automatically approve programs access the address book using object guard model. All users accross our enterprise have reveiwer permissions to the folder and the correct registrey key to CheckAdminSettings has been added. Still it does not work. The only thing i can think of is that the users who really need this to work and also the scope of my testing on the client side has been through a cirtix desktop. Could this be why it isn't working? Any further assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook object guard model - 29.Aug.2007 2:27:46 PM   
DanArseneau

We had the same and the PF/reg hack works fine.  My settings under "Programmatic Settings" that are relevant are the following:

When Sending items via Outlook object model: Auto approve
When accessing the address book via CDO: auto approve

My PF is called "Outlook 10 Security Settings" and the registry is set to ...\Microsoft\Security\]"CheckAdminSettings"=dword:00000002

Hope it helps.

(in reply to ryza010)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Outlook object guard model Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter