"The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted." (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration

sicknote -> "The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted." (4.Sep.2007 3:22:25 AM)

Wonder if there is anyone out there that can help with this problem.

I have a system that was migrated from 5.5 to 2k3 without having the SSL certs removed. How the migration/transfer was completed I have no Idea as I am taking this over from the previous admin.

The problem- I am unable to manage public folders within ESM. If I try to access them I receive the message:
"The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted."
ID no: 80090325
Exchange System Manager

. I have done the usual google searches and have found a couple of articles forums which suggest turning off SSL for both Exadmin and ExchWeb in IIS. I have tried this with no success, still the same error messages. Intrestingly and hopefully not linked to this I cannot access the certification Auth MMC.

Any Ideas gratefully accepted.

microcrashboy -> RE: "The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted." (4.Oct.2007 8:17:17 PM)

It sounds like the certificate was issued under 5.5 maybe possibly under a different domain name per say.
You need to remove the certificate and install a new one or replace. If you do not have certificate services installed or running install them and perform the tasks.
Hope this helps.

Page: [1]