• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

store mount problem - inconsistent database files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> store mount problem - inconsistent database files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
store mount problem - inconsistent database files - 5.Sep.2007 7:31:16 AM   
svr

Hi,

First i had a problem with the information store service.
This service crashed when someone tried to read mail via Outlook or OWA.

So i checked the database state with eseutil and found for priv1.edb and pub1.edb
the state: 'dirty shutdown'.

Next i executed eseutil on priv1.edb and pub1.edb to recover the database files from this corrupted state (dirty shutdown).
I used the switches /r E00 and /p.

After this actions, eseutil /mh gave me as result a clean shutdown state on priv1.edb and pub1.edb.

While the information store service is running,
i cannot mount my mailbox store, i get the following error message:

The database files in this store are inconsistent.
ID no: c1041739

Any help is welcome!

greetz,

Stijn

Post #: 1
RE: store mount problem - inconsistent database files - 6.Sep.2007 12:56:09 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate...

when you are telling that /p that means you ran hard repair ryt.
Next time onwards if you plan to think of eseutil /p please read the below article...

Ramifications of running the eseutil /p or edbutil /d /r command in Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259851

But there are certain situation where we come across to take such a hard step.. so whenever we go for /p i.e hard repair consist of 3 steps. if won't perform the following 3 steps it will cause some problem...
1) eseutil /p
2) eseutil /d
3) isinteg -fix

Currently you ran eseutil /p and it is showing clean shutdown...
Let say I have my following files in the following location C:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata folder...

Stop the information store service..
renam the mdbdata folder to mdbdataold
create a new folder called as mdbdata
copy priv1.edb, pub1.edb, priv1.stm and pub1.stm to the new created mdbdata folder.
Then try to mount the database.
IF any error comes make a note of it, check the application log event id and description and check the database status..
if it is mounting fine, then dismount it back and run eseutil /d and then isinteg -fix command.

I guess you might have old logs files in the mdbdata folder which will contain old database signature and after repair your database signature will be changed and that might the cause of your issue.

(in reply to svr)
Post #: 2
RE: store mount problem - inconsistent database files - 10.Dec.2007 4:51:10 PM   
jassyca

quote:

ORIGINAL: zxr

your problem is very usual,why not  try a popular Outlook recovery tool called Advanced Outlook Repair to repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
Snip 8< what looks like an ad..

And you can also download a free demo version at
Snip 8< what looks like an ad..

The initial request was about the MDBdata file, not an Outlook PST file.

This looks suspiciously like an advertisement. Especially when it matches word for word another post by you.

(in reply to zxr)
Post #: 3
RE: store mount problem - inconsistent database files - 22.Nov.2013 6:20:26 AM   
stephens.owen

It is really very bad situation faced by the Exchange server administrators. It is true that eseutil /p repair method remove the corrupt or unrecognized items from database (.edb) file to bring the database into consistent state. However, there are some third party tools which rebuild the corrupt items and make the database consistent. Thus, users should take backup on regular basis to prevent data loss situations and also to handle the disaster situations efficiently. In the absence of valid database backup, it is good to use a third party tool like this: http://www.exchangeserver.pcrecoverytools.com/

This tool has been designed with strong scanning modes to handle the corruption and to prevent data loss issues. This software rebuilds the damaged items and enables the users to directly mount the database to MS Exchange Server.
Post #: 4
RE: store mount problem - inconsistent database files - 6.Feb.2014 11:12:19 AM   
starter62

quote:

ORIGINAL: stephens.owen

It is really very bad situation faced by the Exchange server administrators. It is true that eseutil /p repair method remove the corrupt or unrecognized items from database (.edb) file to bring the database into consistent state. However, there are some third party tools which rebuild the corrupt items and make the database consistent. Thus, users should take backup on regular basis to prevent data loss situations and also to handle the disaster situations efficiently. In the absence of valid database backup,

This tool has been designed with strong scanning modes to handle the corruption and to prevent data loss issues. This software rebuilds the damaged items and enables the users to directly mount the database to MS Exchange Server.

MS Exchange Server is an application designed for organizational email communication needs. It is part of the Microsoft Servers line of server products and widely used by enterprises using Microsoft infrastructure solutions. It acts as an email communication medium. An email account created with MS Exchange server is configured by exchange administrators and works with MS Outlook in synchronization. It is comprises of easy email communication, calendaring, contacts, tasks, appointments, journals, meeting schedules, alarms etc. Due to its easy to use features and availability of every required component, it is the first choice of every organization.Free Download click http://repaircorruptededbfile.blogspot.in

(in reply to stephens.owen)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> store mount problem - inconsistent database files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter