• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Email between domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Email between domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email between domains - 17.Sep.2007 3:56:05 PM   
RIKIL

OK, I am in a little pinch here.  I need to configure my exchange 2003 server (not SBS).  I had a guy that was going to help me/teach me this but that ins't working out. Here is what I need to do:
I have the exchange server in its own domain on a home network.  I have that set to resolve to dyndns.org.  I also have a domain, abcdefg.com, that I want to send email to.  Here is where I was getting help from the other person.  I don't know how to setup the exchange server to forward email from an email box to abcdefg.com.   I tried one method of adding a contact record in AD with the email address on the abcdefg.com domain.  When I send an email from outlook I think it is getting stuck in the outgoing queue.  But I know the email isn't getting to the destination. Does anyone know how to configure exchange to do this? Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Email between domains - 17.Sep.2007 4:07:28 PM   
npatang

Hi,
        couple of questions
1) Are you trying forwarding or trying to send a normal emails.
2) Now I think your email setup is complete internal, it is ot published to internet. is that correct?
3) abcdefg.com is a part of another exchange box if yes than you can create SMTP connector on your box with the address space of abcdefg.com and forward to (smarthost) IP of abcdefg.com server (don't forget to put the IP in []).

4) Or both the domains are SMTP domains on the same server, not clear from your statements.

Thanks
Npatang

(in reply to RIKIL)
Post #: 2
RE: Email between domains - 17.Sep.2007 5:52:31 PM   
RIKIL

1)  this hasn't been setup yet so we are testing with new email2)  we haven't had this setup externally yet.  up until now we have only used email internally3)  abcdefg.com isn't another exchange box, it is a web server where the site is hosted.  the site is hosted on an apache server Thanks

(in reply to npatang)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Email between domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter