• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using Exchange Server 2003 to host email for multiple domains...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Using Exchange Server 2003 to host email for multiple domains... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Exchange Server 2003 to host email for multiple d... - 20.Sep.2007 12:51:37 PM   
adrenalin85

Greetings, I just found this forum from searching and this is my post here, hopefully I will be able to find the information I am looking for. I am also still learning the server technology and dont know much yet, but I want to learn as much as I can. However for now I am concentrating more on web design since I am a web designer. So main role of the server is hosting my websites and websites of my clients, and I am also trying to set up email.

Anyway I have Small Business Server 2003 R2 installed, obviously with Exchange 2003. I currently have email hosting set up for my main domain. But I would like to know how I can set it up to multiple email domains hosting. I am currently hosting about 15 websites and would like to configure Exchange to host email with those website domains, and of course to be able to add more later.

I did some searching on Microsoft and web but haven't found much yet, so maybe someone here who has done this before could explain how this could be accomplished or direct me to a documentation/tutorial or even a book that would cover this, or both.

I'll be waiting replies, thanks in advance.

Alex.
Post #: 1
RE: Using Exchange Server 2003 to host email for multip... - 20.Sep.2007 8:41:10 PM   
jimthemcp

This isn't terribly difficult it really depends on what type of access the clients will have to their mailboxes.  Typically you will delete the Global Address List and create new address lists based on specific attribute value (ex. company).  If they are using Outlook Web Access, you will need to modify the msExchBaseQueryDN to restrict access to a specific address list.  If the clients are using Outlook, you will need to restrict permissions to the address lists.  (Create a group that contains all users from CompanyA and deny permissions to 'Company B Address List').

(in reply to adrenalin85)
Post #: 2
RE: Using Exchange Server 2003 to host email for multip... - 21.Sep.2007 4:30:42 PM   
adrenalin85

Thank you for replying. I will take a look at the interface and see if I can locate and figure out what you were talking about, however I am fairly new to this and would be very helpful if I could find a text or tutorial about this, do you think you could recommend me a link or text about this? I'd be very thankful.

(in reply to jimthemcp)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Using Exchange Server 2003 to host email for multiple domains... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter