553 5.0.0 Message-Id header line format error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

dkissinger -> 553 5.0.0 Message-Id header line format error (25.Sep.2007 12:39:33 PM)

I am using a single Hub Server with no edge servers and a FQDN on the external domain and "domain.ext" as the internal domain and am getting this error when ever we send to any government domain how can this be corrected.  In the Message-ID it is XXXXXXXXX@machinename.domain.ext we need it to be able to have XXXXXXXXX@FQDN how can this be acomplished?

John Weber -> RE: 553 5.0.0 Message-Id header line format error (25.Sep.2007 1:05:53 PM)

LOL
/seriousrunonsentencealert

Take a look at the masquerade on the send connector.

-jmw

dkissinger -> RE: 553 5.0.0 Message-Id header line format error (25.Sep.2007 6:27:32 PM)

I am glad you like my run on sentences I was not trying to be a grammer expert but then again for a super user your not very helpful.

I will try to condense so you will better understand the problem.

External domain FQDN:XXmail.XXXXXX.com
Internal doamin FQDN: XXexch.domain.ext

Message ID:  shows internal domain rather then external domain I need it to show the external domain or to be removed before sending to external e-mail addresses.

There is nothing I have been able to find on any website that has resolved the issue which is getting Message-id header line format error.  Can Someone Please Help!

dkissinger -> RE: 553 5.0.0 Message-Id header line format error (25.Sep.2007 6:34:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Weber

LOL
/seriousrunonsentencealert

Take a look at the masquerade on the send connector.

-jmw

The masqerade on the send connector is correctly show the external FQDN and when I telnet into the server I get the correct responces the issue is due to some or maybe all government mail servers look the the Message-ID due to spamming for the correct address and right now I am using a single server that is part the active domain I know that this is not the recommended way to do thing but it is the budgeted way of doing it. So any help you could provide would be appriciated and I have been working on this for some time and have tried most of the common fixes for this problem. 

Page: [1]