Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation

bobbasic2002 -> Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (27.Sep.2007 12:17:59 AM)

Hi,

Just finished installing a brand new exchange 2007 server in production. However, in the "Domain controller servers being used by Exchange" list, I only see 1 DC, and not both of my DCs.

Same, I see only 1 server, in the "Global catalogue servers being used by Exchange" list also.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

sacker -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (27.Sep.2007 11:10:11 AM)

Hello
Are the others DCs/GCs respecting requirements ?
IS that a GUI view, or the result of a cmdlet ?

Seb

bobbasic2002 -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (27.Sep.2007 11:42:54 AM)

Yes, both DC/GC are Win2K3 R2 SP2 servers.

In the EMC, under Server Configuration --> Hub Transport, I right-clicked the server and clicked properties. In the general tab there are 2 sections

1) Domain controller servers being used by Exchange
2) Global catalogue servers being used by Exchange

I only see 1 GC/DC there.

Should both be listed there or is it the one exchange 2007 is currently using?

sacker -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (27.Sep.2007 3:57:36 PM)

Yes Both should be listed.
Are they both in the same AD site as the Exchange server ?
HAve you checked if the "Sites and Services" lists correctly both DC ? IS replication correct ?
what are the rôles of your exchange server ?

bobbasic2002 -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (27.Sep.2007 4:43:24 PM)

Both DCs are in the same site.

Sites and Services shows both Domain Controllers

Replication is occuring fine, no errors in the logs.

Exhange has Mailbox, Client Access & Hub Transport roles installed.

neilho -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (28.Sep.2007 4:12:52 AM)

Look in the application event log for event 2080 from MSExchangeDSAcess.  The DSAccess component controls which DCs and GCs the Exchange server will use.  Event 2080 gives you information on which DCs and GCs the Exchange server has discovered - are both DCs listed in this event?

bobbasic2002 -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (28.Sep.2007 11:39:15 AM)

Yes, both DCs\GCs are listed in this event.

Log is below
Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSExchange ADAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID: 2080
Date:  9/28/2007
Time:  11:33:01 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=1188). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
(Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
In-site:
adsrv.vtunes.net CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
adsrv2.vtunes.net CDG 1 7 7 1 0 0 1 7 1
Out-of-site:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

neilho -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (29.Sep.2007 8:48:12 AM)

From that list, it looks like adsrv2 doesn't have the SACL right set (it's a 0 according to your posting).  I don't think DSAccess will use a DC that doesn't have this set.  There's something about that DC that Exchange doesn't like.

bobbasic2002 -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (29.Sep.2007 9:48:56 AM)

Any idea how I can enable it, set it to 1?

brenta2 -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (5.Oct.2007 9:08:28 AM)

confirm that the domain controller that shows 0 in the SACL right column has been domain-prepped, and then confirm that your Recipient Update Services are configured properly.

Also read this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298879
And MS KB 316300 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316300

Good Luck
Brent

Mad_deamon -> RE: Domain controller servers being used by Exchange (14.Oct.2007 10:36:23 AM)

To fix the SACL right problem here is what you need to follow:

1. open default domain controller security policy on adsrv2.
2. expand local policies and then "user rights management"
3. look at manage auditing and security log.
4. Here you need to have "Exchange enterprise servers" (if E2k3 exists) and "Exchange Servers" group. If not add them.

If there is a group policy applied on this dc make sure it is not remvoing this permission. Once replication completes you should see the SACL right set in the next run of AD discovery by MSExchangeSA.

This is a known issue right from Exchange 2000 and you can look at KB 328662 on MS knowledge base for more info.

thanks,

Page: [1]