• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Logs Source IP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Logs Source IP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logs Source IP - 2.Oct.2007 8:28:43 AM   
AlvinCruz

Hi Guys,

I'm just new here and have a little knowledge in exchange, and was thinking that this is the right place to ask some questions regarding exchange.

My simple question would be, is there any logs for exchange that will know the source ip address who connected on port 25? or is there any free software that can be installed in exchange that can do this?

Regards,
Alvin
Post #: 1
RE: Logs Source IP - 3.Oct.2007 10:58:27 AM   
t0ta11ed

Exchange does store logs showing source IPs. They're in the Exchange Server folder under:

TransportRoles\Logs\ProtocolLog

SmtpRecieve is the raw SMTP log and contains all details of each connection, including source IP addys.

(in reply to AlvinCruz)
Post #: 2
RE: Logs Source IP - 3.Oct.2007 4:50:04 PM   
John Weber

Seeing as how you are referencing port 25, I will assume that you want to know who is connecting to your receive connector...

Turn on the logging on the connector - you have two choices - off and verbose.  Chose one.

Logs are \program files\microsoft\exchange server\transportroles\logs\protocollog

-jmw

(in reply to AlvinCruz)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Logs Source IP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter