Public Folder Replication (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders

supermixer -> Public Folder Replication (3.Oct.2007 4:23:37 PM)

Hi
I'm in the middle of migrating an exchange 2000 server to a new server with exchange 2003.  The domain has also been moved from 2000 to 2003 prior to the start of the exchange migration.   I have not migrated any mailboxes as I have read this should be done after public folders.   The environment that I work in has a large amount of public folders.   I opened up ESM on the Exch 2003 server, expanded Public Folder's, right-clicked on a public folder and changed the replication schedule to Always Run and the msg status to Urgent.  I then went through the wizard (Right-clicked public folder, all tasks, Managed settings) to start replication for the folder and its sub folders.  Once this was complete, I started to see the public folders appear in the new exch2k3 server.   My question though is how do I know that these are complete?   If I check the replication status on some of these folders, I see that that the source exch server shows "in sync" and the exch 2003 server shows "Local Modified".  Some of these folders have time stamps on them and some do not.   Does local modified mean that its still replicating?  Do both folders need to say "in Sync" to know that is complete?  Will the folders that do not have time stamps eventually get time stamped? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jamie

Mad_deamon -> RE: Public Folder Replication (14.Oct.2007 10:02:17 AM)

In Sync indicates that there have been no changes to local public folder replicas
since changes were last sent. Local Modified indicates that there have been changes made to local public folder replicas that have not yet been sent. So if you see the local modified for Exchange 2003 server there is no need to worry, if it is for 2000 it means that there are changes yet to be replicated.

As far as best way to know if replication completed, I rely on looking at the size and number of items in the local public folder store for each PF and compare both source and target store (This is not feasible in large environments and you might need to export the list and compare using excel).

thanks,

supermixer -> RE: Public Folder Replication (18.Oct.2007 2:56:11 PM)

Yep, that's exactly what I did.   It actually  made replicating a little easier even though there were a lot of folders. I'd rather take more time to compare the folders so i know that it has completely replicated. 

thanks for the response. 

Page: [1]