• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients - 4.Oct.2007 1:03:24 PM   
picoleto

I am currently new to exchange 07 and Ad and I am trying to find some reference material on how to forward an email to multiple recipients.

What I am trying to do is basically create an emergency@mydomain.com email account (or does it have to be a distribution group) upon which if any mail is recieved it will then forward it out to multiple technicans phones as an sms message.  But  I am a little lost on how to forward to multiple external email accounts.

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients - 4.Oct.2007 1:09:37 PM   
John Weber

Step 1:  create mail contacts.  I suggest that you make a separate AD organizational unit so as to keep the object segregated; also allow you to make dynamic DL based on OU membership.  Just the way I do it - there are other methods.

Step 2:  create a DL and add the contacts to it.  Make sure that the DL has a valid email address.  You can test this by only adding yourself to the DL, and then send an email to it from both internal and external sources.  DL's can also be restricted from receiving email from outside the domain - if you need the DL to be able to receive external mail, make sure that the tick box is not checked.

Keep in mind that if you use a regular DL (non-dynamic) you can add other groups to it - it all depends on your needs.

< Message edited by John Weber -- 4.Oct.2007 1:10:57 PM >

(in reply to picoleto)
Post #: 2
RE: Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients - 4.Oct.2007 2:28:18 PM   
picoleto

Hi John,

Thanks you for reply.

I think I have tried those steps previously however they did not work.  What I have done in about this order is:

In Exchange Management.

Create the mailbox: emergency@mydomain.com
Created the contact  => has my tmobile cell number 408xxxx@tmomail.net
Created the DL => emergencypage
and then Added the my contact as a member of the emergencypage list.

Finally I:
Forwarded any mail sent to emergency@mydomain.com to the DL list (emergencypage)

I thought this would have resolved it however im still not geting pages.

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3
RE: Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients - 4.Oct.2007 2:34:32 PM   
picoleto

Wait i think i got it.

I wasnt adding my tmobile # as a smtp connection.

(in reply to picoleto)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Forwarding Email to Multiple Recipients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter