• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

NDR with error 5.4.6 when routing mail to outside domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> NDR with error 5.4.6 when routing mail to outside domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NDR with error 5.4.6 when routing mail to outside domain - 11.Oct.2007 4:23:03 PM   
AdrianY

Hi everybody.
I have a problem with exchange 2000 when sending an email to an outside mail domain via a contact created at Active Directory. The sinthoms are as if the domain was taken as a local domain. At Mail policies in the past were a rule to that domain (makeing it a local domain), but now this policy was deleted, but Exchange seems to take that domain as for local routing.

I did some TELNET tests via SMTP and Exchange acepts Mails to this domain (thats why I thinks it is taking it as local), but when I do the same test with an invalid local domain it throws an error because i couldn't Realy to that external domain.

For ilustrate it:

Main Mail domain: @MyDomain.com
Contact mail: marketing@Company1.com
In the past Company1.com was at Mail Policies, but not now.

When Peter@MyDomain.com send a mail to Contact, it returns inmidiatly with a NDR error 5.4.6 saying that Exchange detects a bouncing mail between to servers or intarlar mailboxes.

I Telnet to send via SMTP to the Exchange an email to marketing@Company1.com and it acepts that domain for delivery. But when I try to send in the same way an email to marketing@InvalidDomain.com it saids that i can't relay (what I think must happends in the first case too beacuse Company1.com its not local).

So, in my opinion, Exchange fails to delete Company1.com from local routing when I delete it from "EMail Policies". But I don't know how to correct it, or how to trace the mail routing.

I read the MS KB 324732. But nothing to do with this.

Thanks for you HELP.
(And sorry for my english)

Adrian Yannuzzi
MakeIT Consulting
Argentina
www.makeit.com.ar
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> NDR with error 5.4.6 when routing mail to outside domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter