• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

452; Too many recipients received this hour

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> 452; Too many recipients received this hour Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
452; Too many recipients received this hour - 19.Oct.2007 2:23:34 PM   
defiantclass1

Hello,

I have been receiving a few NDRs stating "452; Too many recipients received this hour". They seem to be created from emails going to the same location (our other office) which controlls their own mail. I don'tknow if the problem resides on my end or their end. They have not received the messages we got NDRs for, that much I know.

Could anyone tell me what are the best things on my side, Exchange 2003 SP2, that I should look for? If it's on their end, I would at least like to be able to confirm that anything related to this message on my end is set correctly.

My server is newly up and running, so I'm afraid I don't have any history of emailing this location through this Exchange server successfully to compare recent activities to.

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: 452; Too many recipients received this hour - 22.Oct.2007 9:15:34 AM   
defiantclass1

Does anyone have any insight on this NDR? It's been a number of days and I'm still receiving them. Is there an SMTP setting that would causing the Exchanger server to not allow more than x number of messages to go out?

It seems to happen when we try sending to a particular domain my company uses: johnsmith@comanyname.com, which is a pop account.

Thanks.

(in reply to defiantclass1)
Post #: 2
RE: 452; Too many recipients received this hour - 22.Oct.2007 11:37:59 AM   
Jesper Bernle

This is a anti-spam feature that I guess that the other part of your corporation is using. If too many attempts to send mail happens within a specific time frame itīs regarded att an attack and the anti-spam feature kicks in and denys connection attempts.

This is common to see if you have mail queuing up to some remote domain (for whatever reason) and it starts working and your Exchange Server releases all the messages at once, thus mailbombing the remote domain.

So, check to see if you at times are sending lots of mail to the remote domain and if you do, check to see if they (or ISP) have some anti-spam features at work.

(in reply to defiantclass1)
Post #: 3
RE: 452; Too many recipients received this hour - 22.Oct.2007 12:49:37 PM   
defiantclass1

Sounds good! Thanks!

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> 452; Too many recipients received this hour Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter