550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing

alanchoi -> 550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (24.Aug.2004 5:49:00 AM)

My company is using the Small Business Server 2000 having an virtual domain (e.g. abc.com.mo) and our exchange server handles internal email only. However, after our company has applied for several external email account from ISP, there is problem coming out (especially for Outlook 2003 users).

They will receive 550 not local host, not a gateway message. For the Outlook setting, no matter what is the sequence the account (exchange or Pop3).

I already try to add a virtual smtp server with forwarder pointing to the ISP DNS, it still not working.

Please kindly help me.

Alan

collisonl -> RE: 550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (8.Sep.2004 8:47:00 PM)

Did you ever fix this problem? I have run in to the same thing. There is only one pc having this problem for me.

isd_az -> RE: 550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (9.Sep.2004 8:12:00 PM)

I'm having the same issue. SBS2003 with Exchagne 2003. Exchange handles internal mail only. Clients use POP accounts from Outlook 2003. I checked the priority order for sending/receiving, but it seems to go to Exchange first.

Please help!

isd_az -> RE: 550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (10.Sep.2004 1:05:00 AM)

I was able to fix this issue for our environment. I configured the client Outlook to use SMTP authentication for their external email account. Since Exchange is configured for internal only, the external mail was getting bounced back with 550 error. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Give that a shot!
Cheers,
Tom

Guest -> RE: 550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (19.Oct.2004 3:25:00 PM)

Thank you, thank you! I had the same problem with my Outlook client, and that did the trick. (Only caused me a couple of sleepless hours in the middle of the night last night.)

--Noah

eriq35 -> RE: 550 not local host, not a gateway Problem (19.Oct.2004 4:48:00 PM)

I am having a similar issue but We are not using POP3. Any other ideas. No SMTP auth. for MAPI.

Page: [1]