• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to mask the members of a certain distribution group in MS exchage 2003 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> How to mask the members of a certain distribution group in MS exchage 2003 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to mask the members of a certain distribution group... - 26.Oct.2007 6:12:04 PM   
jpilapil

Hello- I tried to hide/mask the members of a certain distribution group. I don't want anybody to expand or see who is member of a particular group. I know how to hide the membership but I don't know how to hide the members.

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks,
Jay
Post #: 1
RE: How to mask the members of a certain distribution g... - 6.Nov.2007 4:26:16 PM   
cestmoi

Try this:

1. Add the distribution group to a new organizational unit or to an organizational unit that you want to modify access to in Active Directory Users and Computers.

2. Edit the properties of the new organizational unit to deny the Read permission to the users or groups that you want to prevent from viewing the distribution group membership.

3. Right-click the distribution group, click Exchange Tasks, click Next, click Hide Membership, and then click Next.

4. Click Next to confirm that the security descriptor of the selected group will be changed to prevent viewing, and then click Finish.

5. Allow sufficient time for the Recipient Update Service (RUS) to replicate the changes. Or, update the RUS manually in Exchange System Manager. To do so: a.  Start Exchange System Manager. To do this, click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
b.  Under your organization, expand Recipients, and then click Recipient Update Services.
c.  In the right pane, right-click the recipient update service, and then click Update Now.

(in reply to jpilapil)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> How to mask the members of a certain distribution group in MS exchage 2003 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter