Emails rejected (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS

atechstl -> Emails rejected (2.Nov.2007 11:08:51 AM)

I am having some troubles sending emails using Exchange 2003 which is a part of SBS 2003.  My current setup pops my webserver every 15 minutes to receive email and I send out email via SMTP port 26 to bypass my ISP's mail server.  I am running this out of my home and I have a dynamic IP address, so I don't know if that has much to do with it. 

In my experience, I can email a specific user one day and the next day I receive this error (below):

-----------------

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
RE: Dunklin News Story

Sent:
11/2/2007 9:22 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Dustin Blake on 11/2/2007 9:23 AM
 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
 <atechstl.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-JunkMail rejected - 24-217-68-212.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com (atechstl.com)>

-------------------

Is this a problem with my web server, my personal exchange server, or my Dynamic IP address?

Thank you,

Anthony

cestmoi -> RE: Emails rejected (6.Nov.2007 4:00:54 PM)

In my experience, you need a static IP in order to host your own mail server.  You can achieve this, even though you're using a Dynamic account by utilizing a third party DNS such as Dyndns.net and then enable your Router/Firewall to log on to report its IP.

The key here is to create a name such as myname.homeip.net and point your mx record, A record to this name.  I'm assuming you've done this? 

Page: [1]