• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office - 15.Nov.2007 1:01:22 PM   
PastorDennis

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question but I am sure someone will give me a clue where I need to go if it isn't.

I have been looking for a way to determine the Out of Office setting of our mailbox users and their associated Auto-Forward State and E-mail address setting.  I have found the solution for Out of Office settings for State and Text but have been unsuccessful in locating where to get the Auto-Forward fields from Exchange.

Basically I am just trying to develop a solution for determining when a user is Out of Office and who they have assigned to receive their E-mail while they are out of office.  Our company has a group of users that need to reply to workflows very quickly and sometimes these users forget to make the proper Out of Office settings.  I receive phone calls to  make sure the settings are correct and I want to be able to determine what they are without going to their PC.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dennis Wildman
Post #: 1
RE: VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office - 15.Nov.2007 1:39:24 PM   
a.grogan

Hiya pastor - its funny that you should raise this, as I am currently modifying a tool that I have written to do just this!.

The values you are after are stored in Active Directory and they are called:

altRecipient (Dist Name)
deliverAndRedirect (Boolean)

Cheers

A

Andy Grogan
MSExchange.org Forums Moderator
For my general ramblings about Exchange please visit my website:
W: http://www.telnetport25.com/
B: http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/
M: manifoldmaster@gmail.com

(in reply to PastorDennis)
Post #: 2
RE: VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office - 15.Nov.2007 1:44:11 PM   
PastorDennis

Thank you and your assistance is appreciated more than you know.

Sometimes all we need to do is ask.

Dennis Wildman

(in reply to a.grogan)
Post #: 3
RE: VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office - 15.Nov.2007 1:52:12 PM   
a.grogan

You are welcome.

Cheers

A

Andy Grogan
MSExchange.org Forums Moderator
For my general ramblings about Exchange please visit my website:
W: http://www.telnetport25.com/
B: http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/
M: manifoldmaster@gmail.com

Post #: 4
RE: VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office - 24.Apr.2009 10:49:16 AM   
AlexManz

A.grogan,
I need to build a web page with this list of people who has set the Out of Office On, I've seen you've have done this for your projects I wonder if you have some sample code just for creating that Report List.
I'll appreciate your help
Thanks

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> VB Script to find Auto Forward info for Out of Office Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter