• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot logon without giving ADMIN rights

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Cannot logon without giving ADMIN rights Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot logon without giving ADMIN rights - 19.Nov.2007 12:25:00 PM   
raklein

I've tried everything.  My users can only get to OWA if they have ADMIN rights to the server.  They can only connect via HTTPS, such as https:\\mail.company.com\OWA it then asks for login ID and PW.  You put the info in and it simply keeps asking for PW.  I know it has something to do with the rights of the virtual server b/c I gave a test user full ADMIN access to drive C and drive D and still didn't allow him in.  I utilize basic authentication.  Or it has something to do with ownership.  PLEASE HELP.  This is very frustrating.   
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot logon without giving ADMIN rights - 19.Nov.2007 4:04:16 PM   
leederbyshire

Which version of Windows Server?  If it's 2000 with IIS5, then Basic Auth requires that the user has the Log On Locally right on the server.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to raklein)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot logon without giving ADMIN rights - 19.Nov.2007 4:41:52 PM   
raklein

Thanks for the quick response.  SBS2000, which has exchange 2000 and IIS 5.0, - so you are saying I cannot login using basic authentication.  Why not? I intalled the OWA according the guides and so on.  What authentication method should I use? And by changing it to another method, what impact with that have, if any.

(in reply to leederbyshire)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Cannot logon without giving ADMIN rights Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter