• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How To Get Rid Of Security Certificate Error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> How To Get Rid Of Security Certificate Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How To Get Rid Of Security Certificate Error - 20.Nov.2007 11:43:13 AM   
harley2002

How can I get rid of the error "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust" I created my own certificate it is named the same as web address I use to access owa I have also imported the certificate into IE6 I still get the error message when i try and access the site

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How To Get Rid Of Security Certificate Error - 20.Nov.2007 8:33:24 PM   
mark@mvps.org

It's probably not in the right place on the client. WHere is it?
It will need to be in the "Trusted Root Certificates"

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to harley2002)
Post #: 2
RE: How To Get Rid Of Security Certificate Error - 21.Nov.2007 10:45:46 AM   
harley2002

I tried importing it into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities section in IE6 \content\certifications section.
It says import succesful but when I browse the content
the certificate does not show up there and I still get
the same error...This is way to hard for such a simple
thing LOL

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error?? HELP! - 28.Nov.2007 5:14:04 PM   
Exch2003

Hello My Fellow Friends,

I am back.  I know, it seems like it has been forever.

I have a question about Webmai and I hope someone can help me.

At my agency, we are using Exchange Server 2003 and when we try to acces webmail, it gives a certificate error.  My Director has asked me to remove it so we no longer receive that message.

I need help removing it.  Also, if I remove it, do I need to install another one?

Please help!  :-)

Lena

(in reply to harley2002)
Post #: 4
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 29.Nov.2007 12:15:12 AM   
rishishah

Errors can be three kind:

1) One your computer does not trust the certificate
2) Its old (date) and hence the cert has expiered
3) Or the same of the cert does not match that of the url you just typed.

Which error are you getting?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to Exch2003)
Post #: 5
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 29.Nov.2007 12:08:29 PM   
Exch2003

Hello Rishi,

The error is the following:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address. 

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 6
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 3.Dec.2007 4:20:17 PM   
jennyjen

Hi Everyone,

I also get this error.  Currently we use win3k enterprise and have 3 different domains for each company.  No matter what compnay is trying to log into webmail they each get the error.  I have been told to get an SSL cert to solve this problem.  I am looking at godaddy for one but there are many different kinds.  They were of no help trying to help me out in picking one.  Anyone have any ideas?  I also want to use the push feature in exchange SP2 to push mail to some handheld devices and need an SSL cert for that as well, can i use the same one as im buying for my webmail?

thanks a bunch,

jen

(in reply to Exch2003)
Post #: 7
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 5.Dec.2007 5:09:14 AM   
sudhakaranjr

Hello,

What cert are you using internal or external (Purchased from third party)

Is your certificate having the Webmails URL in the common name. For example if you are accessing you webmail using the following URL "mail.abc.com\exchange". In your cert the common name should display "mail.abc.com".

Also check your Cert expiry date.

Thanks,
Sudha

(in reply to Exch2003)
Post #: 8
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 5.Dec.2007 9:52:54 AM   
MikeyDavies

The 3rd party certificates are not too expensive and will solve your problems.

You should contact thawte or verisign for prices.

One thing to check that the certificate that you purchase is compatible with handheld version of software that you use i.e roadsync or windows mobile.

Also as you have created your own certificate and installed it on your exchange you will not be able to generate the certificate request from that server unless you remove you current certificate. An idea to combat this is if you have another server running IIS generate the cert request on this box. When you have paid for and got your new 3rd party cert install this on your other server then export it to your exchange server.

(in reply to sudhakaranjr)
Post #: 9
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 5.Dec.2007 10:02:38 AM   
rishishah

Why not try the free SSL Cert provider - http://cert.startcom.org/

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to MikeyDavies)
Post #: 10
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 10.Mar.2009 5:46:33 AM   
kleinbaas

FIXED: Here’s how I fixed this problem (you do not need to buy or install any 3rd party certificates or software), the certification error is nothing to worry about. You can fix the error by following these steps:

1. Navigate to the page where you are presented with the Certificate Error and click on “Certificate Error” in the Address bar
2. Click on “View Certificates”
3. Click on “Install Certificate” and then Next
4. Select “Place all certificates in the following store” and click on Browse
5. Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities” and click on OK and then Next and Finish
6. Click on Yes and OK if you are asked whether you would like to install the certificate
7. Click on OK twice to exit windows and close and then open Internet Explorer

You should no longer get the Certificate Error.
You can get more detailed information about how to fix this problem from http://www.ubishops.ca/faqs/Cert.htm or http://www.brightvisions.co.uk/

May the force be with you.

Al vJ - IT Support Technician for BrightVisions - www.brightvisions.co.uk

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 11
RE: Attempt to access Webmail...Get certificate error??... - 24.Apr.2009 2:43:30 PM   
muszyngr

First of all Lena that was random! LOL

kleinbaas you rock, that solves everything, I fixed something so I'm done for the day

(in reply to kleinbaas)
Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> How To Get Rid Of Security Certificate Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter