• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 11:12:42 AM   
TCARobb

My system isn't using any kind of blacklist to accept/reject messages, but I believe we are using RDNS. Anyone know how to disable that to see if that's the problem? Just an idea.

(in reply to cappper)
Post #: 41
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 11:34:56 AM   
TCARobb

I confirmed that we're not performing RDNS. Never mind that idea.

(in reply to TCARobb)
Post #: 42
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 2:36:32 PM   
lvbanker

I honestly don't know where I finally found the help via email screen.  I looked long and hard for it and just spent a few minutes and can't find it again.  Very frustrating that you can't even get help when you need it.  The email address that my reply came from is LMAIL.WNLV.WW.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com

I was able to respond to this email, so I would copy and paste it and blast emails to them with this error until they fix it...

(in reply to oscarhc)
Post #: 43
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 2:46:55 PM   
cappper

It is now working for us.
Anyone else have similar luck?

(in reply to lvbanker)
Post #: 44
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 2:49:35 PM   
lvbanker

Still broken for me.  There seem to be a lot more forums out there talking about this than there were a couple of days ago... 

(in reply to cappper)
Post #: 45
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 2:51:54 PM   
excalibur1701

Our company is still broke.   As most of you are experiencing, ever since Thanksgiving break, we are unable to receive any emails from Hotmail/MSN on one of our domains.  We can send them out fine.   Microsoft needs to confess up that they did some changes over the long weekend, and fix this soon.  This is effecting our business.

(in reply to cappper)
Post #: 46
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 2:58:05 PM   
cappper

Scratch that.
Looks like I spoke to soon.
Not fixed yet.

Stange thing.  When we send to the primary domain name it does not go through.  But if we send to a domain alias, of that same domain, it does go through.  This just hurts my head.

(in reply to excalibur1701)
Post #: 47
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 3:05:23 PM   
lvbanker

My secondary domain works too - I don't get it.  There is just no way that this is a problem on our end, too big of a problem out there in the world and NOTHING CHANGED ON OUR END.  Of course, this problem was brought to my attention on Sunday night because my CEO uses hotmail for his personal email and was trying to forward some of his messages to the office.  He forwards stuff all the time and it's never been a problem before.  Talk about a headache!   If it's going to be a problem, then it's going to happen with the executives. 

(in reply to cappper)
Post #: 48
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 3:55:24 PM   
adam99

My latest reponse from MS:

Adam, as much as I want to resolve this issue at my end, I am unable to do so. Only our domain delivery support team will be able to address it.  Please make a follow up request to our domain delivery support team in the link my co agent has provided you for the immediate resolution of this issue.

Here are the links:

http://postmaster.hotmail.com/Troubleshooting.aspx

http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts

Now to find the "domain delivery support team", maybe in the Batcave?!?

(in reply to lvbanker)
Post #: 49
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 4:04:23 PM   
pnatti

For the record.  We continue to have the same issue with our email.  I support more than one site and today the same issue with MSN email failure is being reported from another site.  I did send an email to MSN but have yet to hear back from them.  If I do I'll post it. 

Patty

PAN

(in reply to adam99)
Post #: 50
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 5:54:29 PM   
TCARobb

Adam-

I just submitted a ticket to that link you gave. I hope others will do the same. Let's get someone to wake up.

(in reply to adam99)
Post #: 51
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 7:52:56 PM   
paulvaswani

I have been having the same issue.  I have had a couple of entirely unhelpful responses from hotmail support, but the most recent might be more interesting...

"Paul, the issue you are having could be resolved by the administrator of your domain.  I strongly suggest that you contact the administrator of your domain to contact our Postmaster site for the resolution of this issue. We are requesting you that your postmaster contact ours because postmasters could only provide details needed to have your domain off the list or accepted in Hotmail domain. Please be guided that MSN Hotmail Technical Support could only give solution or answers to inquiry about Hotmail e-mail service features.
Since your issue is e-mail delivery related, our postmaster service can best address your issue. Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully."

Could this be suggesting that there is some kind of domain blacklisting going on?  Has anyone else had advice like this and followed it through?  I have no idea how to contact their postmaster service...

Paul

(in reply to TCARobb)
Post #: 52
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 9:14:35 PM   
SergioQ

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulvaswani

I have been having the same issue.  I have had a couple of entirely unhelpful responses from hotmail support, but the most recent might be more interesting...

"Paul, the issue you are having could be resolved by the administrator of your domain.  I strongly suggest that you contact the administrator of your domain to contact our Postmaster site for the resolution of this issue. We are requesting you that your postmaster contact ours because postmasters could only provide details needed to have your domain off the list or accepted in Hotmail domain. Please be guided that MSN Hotmail Technical Support could only give solution or answers to inquiry about Hotmail e-mail service features.
Since your issue is e-mail delivery related, our postmaster service can best address your issue. Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully."

Could this be suggesting that there is some kind of domain blacklisting going on?  Has anyone else had advice like this and followed it through?  I have no idea how to contact their postmaster service...

Paul

the joke here is that NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO REACH THE MICROSOFT POSTMASTERS!

and sorry, but the problem is on MS's end, there is no blacklisting, etc.  This is some large error on their end.  It can be very excrutiating!

mine has been working for over 24 hours, but :

with others still having this problem,
with there being no apparent solution,
and no way to contact microsoft's postmasters......

it's very scary

(in reply to paulvaswani)
Post #: 53
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 29.Nov.2007 10:31:27 PM   
TheFrameGuy

Yep, this is for real and I have the solution. It took me a lot of looking to figure this one out. But when a lot of clients started complaining, I had to make this a top priority.

So here it is. Your domain's DNS probably doesn't have a SPF record. Once I added a SPF record to my domain's DNS, MSN/Hotmail started to send out the mail. I think MSN/Hotmail upped the security on their outbound servers.

Get your SPF record here:
http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=example.com

Learn about it here: http://www.openspf.org

I hope this helps. It worked for me and I haven't had any problems over the last 24 hours.

(in reply to TCARobb)
Post #: 54
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 12:48:53 AM   
artmotion

MS tech support is a disaster. I have called the NOC 3 hours today to solve this problem. This is what i have gotten so far from MS:

There is a currently known issue with Hotmail temporarily failing to deliver messages to certain IPs. We're aware of the root cause of the issue, have begun deploying a resolution and hope to have it ultimately resolved within the next 24 - 48 hours.

However, I believe the problem could be caused by the new policy of MS.
Im currently looking into the SPF record solution.

You may add a SPF record as following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912716/en-us

(in reply to TheFrameGuy)
Post #: 55
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 1:00:01 AM   
SergioQ

quote:

ORIGINAL: artmotion

MS tech support is a disaster. I have called the NOC 3 hours today to solve this problem. This is what i have gotten so far from MS:

There is a currently known issue with Hotmail temporarily failing to deliver messages to certain IPs. We're aware of the root cause of the issue, have begun deploying a resolution and hope to have it ultimately resolved within the next 24 - 48 hours.

However, I believe the problem could be caused by the new policy of MS.
Im currently looking into the SPF record solution.

You may add a SPF record as following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912716/en-us

I said it before, I don't think it has anythign to do with SPF.  The SPF record is examined on the "receiving" end.  And since we're the receivers, and I promise you my email server (nor my data service center) checks the SPF file, it has nothing to do with it.  Especially since one domain works, and the other didn't, but now does.

I take satisfaction in the first part of your message.  It means you actually got through to someone who matters, and we at least know that they know about it.

Thank you

(in reply to artmotion)
Post #: 56
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 1:09:25 AM   
artmotion

I can confirm that the SPF solution has no effect on the currently problem.

Im in contact with the MSN Emergency Response Team and provide you with a update ASAP.

You may also email me at m dot meier at artmotion dot ch for a update.

(in reply to SergioQ)
Post #: 57
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 1:15:39 AM   
SergioQ

quote:

ORIGINAL: artmotion

I can confirm that the SPF solution has no effect on the currently problem.

Im in contact with the MSN Emergency Response Team and provide you with a update ASAP.

You may also email me at m dot meier at artmotion dot ch for a update.

how did you get in touch with the MSN Emergency Response Team ?  Would love to have that info in my records!

thanks for the update though...

(in reply to artmotion)
Post #: 58
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 4:54:05 AM   
dannyboy500

OK, my email from hotmail is now working and being received by my Exchange server although it is ending up in the SPAM filter (which it always did previously).  The only change I made was to remove my secondary MX record which has never worked anyway.  I think this change is unrelated to the issue though and am fairly confident the problem is Microsoft's and not mine.  I sent 10 messages from hotmail over the course of an hour this morning and all were received by my Exchange server no problem.

I cannot believe a company as big as Microsoft can get away with letting a problem such as this go on for over a week without notifying it's customers.  Lot's of people have put a lot of work into trying to figure out the problem and it's root cause.  I am sure we all have something much more important to do and if we had been properly notified by Microsoft of the issue, could have better used our time.

(in reply to SergioQ)
Post #: 59
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 7:48:33 AM   
mazhaddad

I can confirm that the problem appears to be resolved for us at this point.

(in reply to dannyboy500)
Post #: 60

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter