• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 8:15:32 AM   
artmotion

No official respond from MS jet, but I can confirm that the problem does not appear at this moment. No changes has bin made on the server...

(in reply to mazhaddad)
Post #: 61
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 11:13:06 AM   
TCARobb

The problem appears fixed for me as well.

What a great big bundle of horrible customer service this has been.

(in reply to artmotion)
Post #: 62
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 1:27:07 PM   
adam99

Still not working for us.

Adam

(in reply to TCARobb)
Post #: 63
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 30.Nov.2007 3:24:37 PM   
johnto

Hi all - new here.

I have the same problem as mentioned here -- that hotmail.com and msn.com email stopped delivering to our corporate domain email server early this week.

I did a bunch of hotmail -> corporate domain email tests today.  It has been taking 2 - 5 retries to get hotmail.com email delivered to the corporate domain address.  Eventually it makes it through.  Not sure if this is progress or not.

The non-delivery messages include this text:

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc1-s30.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY103-W9
Arrival-Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:32:26 -0800
Final-Recipient: rfc822;DestinationCorporateEmailAddressMaskedOut
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 User does not exist

(in reply to adam99)
Post #: 64
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 2.Dec.2007 11:11:29 AM   
lvbanker

Looks like its working for us now too.  We didn't do anything on our end.  This is the latest response from Microsoft I received on Friday on my open ticket...lots of help this is.  I'm encouraged by the one response above where it looks like Microsoft recognized that it was their error...

Thank you for writing back to Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support. This is Rommel and I am writing in response to your difficulty sending messages. I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you and for the delay in responding to your message.
I have checked your account and have verified that we need to engage additional resources for our investigation. I will take the responsibility in making sure that your concern will be given priority.
We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live Hotmail.
Sincerely,
Rommel  C.
Windows Live Hotmail Technical Support

(in reply to mazhaddad)
Post #: 65
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 2.Dec.2007 5:10:11 PM   
artmotion

EMail from MS Microsoft has been working to address limited email delivery problems some Windows Live Hotmail customers have experienced recently in sending email to certain 3rd party domains.  We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we expect to resolve the issue shortly.

Q: What caused this problem?
A: A system issue in our outbound email delivery process has caused delivery problems to certain 3rd party domains.  The problem has been identified and we are working to address as quickly as possible.  We expect normal delivery to resume shortly and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our customers.
Q: What happens to mail I tried to send in this time?
A: There is the slight possibility that you will receive an indication that your message could not be delivered, in which case you will need to resend.
Q: How widespread has the impact been?
A: This issue affected a small number of 3rd party domains who receive mail from Hotmail. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we expect to resolve the issue shortly.

(in reply to lvbanker)
Post #: 66
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 13.Jun.2008 8:30:06 PM   
kevcbacon

I had the same problem and explored PTR and SPF documents to no avail.

Finally, I realized that I had two domains pointing at the same IP Address in DNS and one of them was the e-mail domain that could not receive hotmail messages.

I looked at the other domain that pointed at the same IP address and found some old Alias C Records that had pop3.mydomain.com and smtp.mydomain.com in them. These had been there for years and had not caused any problems but they were not necessary anymore because we were not running a mail server off of that domain.

I deleted those two C Records and after 48 hours of propagating through DNS my problem is completely solved!

Since the problem was actually with the DNS settings for a domain other than the one having the issues I was stumped for quite awhile. Finally via an online tool which I think did reverse DNS I found that my mail domain when queried was returning the unrelated domain name! This led me to check the other domain and clean up its DNS records. I still don't understand why these errant settings suddenly caused a problem when they had not for literally 3-5 years!

I am just glad I stumbled upon the solution.

(in reply to artmotion)
Post #: 67
RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail - 23.Jun.2011 4:35:55 AM   
blisad1

am glad i found the solution here have been having the same problem but it was a DNS issue ready to setup my email client again.

<a href="http://www.fabric-blinds.com">fabric blinds</a>

(in reply to kevcbacon)
Post #: 68

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> RE: Cannot receive email from hotmail Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter