• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to I send to a different domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> How to I send to a different domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to I send to a different domain - 26.Nov.2007 1:44:07 PM   
leeym

I have an Exchange 2007 standalone server for 'domain.com'. One user has configured Outlook to send/receive e-mail for his 'optonline.net' account. While he can rceive e-mails just fine, he cannot send. This is because the office ISP is not Optonline. How can we configure Exchange 2007 to act as an an SMTP (sending) server? Is this enabled by default?

FYI, the OWA address is https://mail.domain.com/owa, and the internal address is https://mail.domain.local/owa
Post #: 1
RE: How to I send to a different domain - 30.Nov.2007 4:42:12 PM   
rishishah

You need to setup a smtp send connector for him that allows mail relaying (preferably iether locked down to IP Address or Authenticated).

Than outlook can use that as the smpt server.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to leeym)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> How to I send to a different domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter