• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

iPhone on Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> iPhone on Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iPhone on Exchange - 29.Nov.2007 1:36:26 PM   
eeandf

Am having a problem with iPhones. Users are able to get messages from the company exchange server but are not able to reply. However if the email is from another organization, they are able to reply.
I have a front and Backend server setup.
I spent time with  the iPhone tech support, but as long as they can send me a message and I was able to respond to it, case closed.

Here is how they are set up:
IMAP4
inbound - webmail.mycompany.com
outboud - att smtp.com - per iPhone tech support.

I will greatly appreciate any help.
Post #: 1
RE: iPhone on Exchange - 29.Nov.2007 2:36:32 PM   
rishishah

Setup AUTHENTICATED mail relay on your SMTP server and put in all the users in there that you wish to allow through. For some secure change it to Secure SMTP.

Otherwise find out from AT&T whether you need some sort of authentication or do you need some ip address before you can use them for mail relay

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to eeandf)
Post #: 2
RE: iPhone on Exchange - 29.Nov.2007 3:53:09 PM   
eeandf

Thanks for your response. I worked with the iPhone tech support to get to this stage. Att does not require authentication. the smtp that att gives out to use as outbound smtp to use with iPhones is cwmx.com - that works great.
My problem is not being able to reply to my exchange originating mail from the iphone.

Has anyone successfuly set up an iPhone using IMAP4? Do I need to enable pop3 on exchange???

am on exchange 2003.

< Message edited by eeandf -- 29.Nov.2007 4:06:09 PM >

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3
RE: iPhone on Exchange - 29.Nov.2007 4:16:20 PM   
rishishah

ok that means if a mail comes outside and is from your domain and heading for your domain at your exchange server it is rejected.

This could be the Anti-spam you either have on your exchange server or on your gateway.

You can use your own exchange server smtp and this is much more recommended and better than using someone else.

Just to be sure try using the telnet command over port 25 to send mail to your smtp server and address is so that it if from your domain and heading to your domain.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to eeandf)
Post #: 4
RE: iPhone on Exchange - 29.Nov.2007 4:33:56 PM   
eeandf

You are right. I dont accept any mail from outside *@mydomain..
I have used my exchange server smtp, with the same results.

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 5
RE: iPhone on Exchange - 30.Nov.2007 2:46:34 AM   
rishishah

So its best you setup your own SMTP server within your DMZ, expose it across the internet and use Authentication and TLS encryption.

Rishi Shah, MCP

(in reply to eeandf)
Post #: 6
RE: iPhone on Exchange - 5.Dec.2007 10:37:10 AM   
bbenninger

Make sure when you switch from smtp.com to your own mail server you enter authentication. Also - smtp.com works on standard port 25 and port 2525. I do not accept SMTP traffic from anyone outside of a certain range of IP's so I had to setup my iPhone users with smtp.com as well. It would not work though until they changed the outgoing server name to "smtp.com:2525" (no authentication or SSL). Hope this helps.

regards,
bob

(in reply to eeandf)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> iPhone on Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter