• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail routing (rules) to Public Folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Mail routing (rules) to Public Folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail routing (rules) to Public Folder - 4.Dec.2007 6:50:46 AM   
new22exchange

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could advise me on some functionality that I require to assist us in managing our mailbox.  I have no experience in Exchange server, but am interested in learning more about what functioanlity is available.

Would it be possible to setup the below 'system' within Exchange server?
Below is the tree structure for a public folder

Quote Requests
Customer 1
                       Mail In
                       Mail Out
Customer 2
                       Mail In
                       Mail Out
Customer 3
                       Mail In
                       Mail Out

A mail address or list would then be setup e.g. quotes@mycompany.ie and customers would mail that address when they require a quote.  Rules should then move the mails into the relevant customer Mail In box based on the mailing address that it is sent from.  Moving from the Mail In to the Mail Out would then be a manual function within our team.

Is this something that could be done in Exchange?  Would it be possible for our team to then have access to maintain the public folder structure?

Kind Regards,
FC
Post #: 1
RE: Mail routing (rules) to Public Folder - 4.Dec.2007 7:20:20 AM   
rishishah

Exchange 2007 would do this out of the box with its Transport rules. But with Exchange 20003 without using Sinks, you best option is to create a user and a mailbox that receives mail for quotes@mycompany. Than using the Outlook 2003 rules create a server side rule that re-directs (not forward) the mail to the relvant public folder based on your e-mail address requirement.

Just make sure you Mail Enable your Public folder so that outlook can e-mail to them via its rules. 

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to new22exchange)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Mail routing (rules) to Public Folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter