Re-install OWA? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access

padair -> Re-install OWA? (3.Jan.2008 12:21:23 PM)

I recently had an issue that killed IIS.  The .NET 1.1 SP1 update seems to knock out IIS (and it warns you) but the repair it recommended didn't work.  I since have IIS running again but I had to remove the IIS application server role and then re-add it.  Now that its added again none of the OWA/Exchange app pools or websites are there. 

Is there a simple way to get the necessary OWA/Exchange config back in IIS?  I certainly don't want to have to uninstall all of Exchange server and re-add just to accomplish this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

leederbyshire -> RE: Re-install OWA? (3.Jan.2008 1:14:42 PM)

If you re-install IIS, then you normally need to re-install Exchange, too (you don't need to uninstall first).  You might try this (method 3 is easiest):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380
but you may not find the required entries in your metabase file.

padair -> RE: Re-install OWA? (3.Jan.2008 4:39:05 PM)

Do you know if this link (or another?) works for Exchange 2007?

padair -> RE: Re-install OWA? (3.Jan.2008 5:36:28 PM)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us

This did the trick.  So if you ever screw-up your IIS/OWA config this page worked.  Just follow the Exchange 2007 steps line by line.  Worked for me.

genic -> RE: Re-install OWA? (16.Aug.2008 3:42:11 AM)

padair, thank you..thank you..thank you...i just had the exact same thing happen to me (well i screw'd the hole in the wall a different way) and i have been looking for this redo for a bit. this is one of the many reasons i love this place. thank you again!

daffoml -> RE: Re-install OWA? (5.Jan.2009 1:22:39 PM)

Thanks as well!  This is just what I needed!

I will say one thing, I am all on Server 2008/Exch 2007SP1, so I also added the following commands to the end:

• get-owavirtualdirectory -server server_name -DomainController dc_name | ? {$_.OwaVersion -eq "Exchange2007"} | remove-owavirtualdirectory -DomainController dc_name
  • new-OwaVirtualDirectory -OwaVersion "Exchange2007" -DomainController dc_name

Johnnyg5 -> RE: Re-install OWA? (29.Aug.2011 11:11:00 AM)

This worked for me. Thanks for posting it.

shanmarsh1 -> RE: Re-install OWA? (19.Oct.2011 6:00:23 PM)

My OWA 2003 need to be reinstalled on a New Hardware. I need to keep the same IP and FQDN, what is the best way to achieve this goal?

Page: [1]