• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SBS Exchange using pop3 connector help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS Exchange using pop3 connector help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SBS Exchange using pop3 connector help - 18.Jan.2008 12:14:58 AM   
thesoinic1

Hi Everyone,

I am new here so hopefully you will not be to harsh on the rookie!!!

Anyway, I have a client that we just installed a MS 2003 SBS server into - it is the DC and the exchange server for the 5 user office.

Because they already have email addresses hosted by their ISP and do not own the domain for those addresses that follows the @ symbol, I setup exchange using the exchange SBS wizard for the pop3 connector to go get their email from the ISP's server for the users seperate email accounts.

It works very well and they are able to send and receive as the SMTP is setup to forward to the ISP server also. However there is one issue I can not get past.

When the users send emails it shows their local domain accounts (e.g. user1@domain.local) if I add an SMTP email address to the Email addresses Tab in AD users & Computers for the real pop email address (e.g. name@ispdomain.com) and make it the primary address then it will send correctly but the pop3 connector will not deliver any new inbound mail to the user's inbox citing an error that the message was sent to categorizer and it never goes anywhere else.

If I set the primary back to the user1@domain.local all inbound and outbound email work except that (as above) the users internal account info is sent.

This causes an issue if the external receipient hits reply the user's email because it will try to reply to the domain.local address

I have also tried unchecking the the option to automatically update from the recipient policy and just manually typing in the general tab under the users properties in AD users & computers but as soon as I change the email address under the general tab and hit apply - it makes it the primary email address and the above same issues occur.

Other than getting this client their own domain and have all there pop accounts forward to this new domain email accounts - is there any way to get the reply to address to default to their pop address without making it the primary email account.

thanks in advance for your replys

tHEsONIC1  
Post #: 1
RE: SBS Exchange using pop3 connector help - 18.Jan.2008 6:31:58 AM   
Confused2

Hello,

You have to add the domain name @yourdomain.com into the recipient policy in System Manager.

Open System Manager, Recipients, Recipient Policies, Default Policy (or your policy you have setup), and select the Email Addresses (Policy) tab. In there add @yourdomain.com and make sure it is checked and set to Primary.

Without this, Exchange doesn't know the domain is valid and will reject inbound messages.

(in reply to thesoinic1)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS Exchange using pop3 connector help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter