• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 server address list service failed to respond

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange 2007 server address list service failed to respond Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 server address list service failed to res... - 19.Jan.2008 7:30:03 AM   
leemather

We have an error with Exchange server 2007. "The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be because of an address list or email address policy configuration error". We receive this error when trying to create New Contacts, New Mailbox, Changing the Set Reply address for users.

I believe this may be due to a problem with the Default Global Address List. When building an OAB we get an error if we "Include the Default Global Address List". The error reads "Default Global address book is not found, please uncheck 'Include the Default Global Address List'"

We have migrated from Exchange Server 2003 SP2. We didn't have this error whilst we had the both system co-existing but yesterday we decommisioned Exchange 2003. Sending and receiving email is fine.

Please help.

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 server address list service failed to... - 28.Jan.2008 11:44:02 PM   
shijaz

Hi leemather,

Have you found a solution to this problem. I am facing the same issue. :(

Shijaz

(in reply to leemather)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007 server address list service failed to... - 29.Jan.2008 12:13:16 AM   
shijaz

Found it!

Exchange 2007 setup has this validation check, that stops the setup if parenthesis "(" ")" or ampersand "&" characters are found in the purportedSearch attribute for a recipient policy already existing in your Exchange 2003 organization.

Simply use ADSIEDIT, navigate to Configuration --> Services --> MS Exchange --> [organization name] --> Recipient Policies.

For each recipient policy, open up the purportedSearch attribute and make a note of the original value. Then clear that value to <not set>. Once this has been done for all recipient policies, setup magically completes successfully.

(in reply to shijaz)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Exchange 2007 server address list service failed to respond Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter