• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Removing SBS settings from Laptop

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Removing SBS settings from Laptop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Removing SBS settings from Laptop - 27.Jan.2008 3:27:31 PM   
balders33

I have been using my own laptop while working for a company that utilises SBS or is it Terminal Server )knwledge of networking not brilliant!)

I am now leaving their employ, and I want to return my laptop to how it was before they attached it to the SBS.

I guess I have 2 options - one is to reformat the laptop which ideally I don't want to do, or I remove the settings myself, the preferred option.

As far as I can see it, there are 2 main areas to remove - the automatic My Documents synchronize. If I go to my documents and "tools" "synchronize" and disable the options, presumeably that will switch it off and I can carry on using my documents normally ?

The second is outlook - my email account is set up on exchange server. If I delete that and set up a new POP3/SMTP account, presumeably that will work with the data that is already contained in Outlook. My mailbox is shown as "Mailbox - my name" ?

Alternatively, I can take acopy of the mailbox file and rename it.pst and move it, then make the email account changes in outlook and then move the new .pst file back ?

Will the above work, and is there anything else I need to do ?

I'm not worried about keeping the user accounts as I'd like to keep the password on sign in etc etc unless that needs changing, deleting etc...

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Removing SBS settings from Laptop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter