• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange doesn't use custom mailbox limits

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Exchange doesn't use custom mailbox limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange doesn't use custom mailbox limits - 29.Jan.2008 4:42:03 AM   
bentrovati

Hi,

We have a mixed Exchange environment (2000 SP3 and 2003 SP2).
As you know, there are two ways to set a mailbox store limits. One on the Mailbox store and one on the mailbox (in AD) self. We discovered a problem with the limits on the Exchange 2000 SP3 servers. Sample:
Mailbox store limit is set on 50000 kb (issue warning) and 60000 kb (prohibit send)
User mailbox limit is set on 20480 kb (issue warning) and 25600 kb (prohibit send)

Because we unchecked the AD settings, "Use mailbox store default", Exchange should use the 20480 kb and 25600 kb limits.  But Exchange doesn't use those limits. Exchange is still using the mailbox store limits of 50000 kb and 60000 kb.

Does anyone know how we can solve this issue?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange doesn't use custom mailbox limits - 29.Jan.2008 5:09:26 AM   
paresh_md

Hi,

It could be the way system policies work. When you create a global policy to limit the mailbox quota it stamp each user it find by doing LDAP query. By resetting the limits on individual mailboxes would not clear the stamp from user properties.

I was wondering whether setting individual mailbox limits before setting the global limit would take precedence and force the global setting on evey mailbox. We usually do mailbox limitations by setting the Global setting first and then setting the individual mailbox settings.

To find answer I would do following steps with one of the test user.

1. Remove the Exchange attributes.
2. Re-connect the user to disconnected mailbox.
3. Set the mailbox limit on user properties.

PD

Microsoft PSS - X Team Leader - Messaging
Systems

Have you ever run ExBPA on your Exchange server ? (Exchange Best Practises Analyzer)
Download from ExBPA.com

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange doesn't use custom mailbox limits - 29.Jan.2008 6:30:02 AM   
bentrovati

I'm going to make a new user and try what you have suggested.

(in reply to paresh_md)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Exchange doesn't use custom mailbox limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter