• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Renaming user accounts

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Renaming user accounts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Renaming user accounts - 12.Feb.2008 12:31:13 PM   
sfarmer

We have an employee who is getting married and she is changing her name.  Any suggestions on the proper way of renaming her account so that Exchange won't choke on the new name?

The reason I ask is that before the Exchange 2003 to 2007 migration I had a user account that I renamed (she got married too) and it all worked just fine.  However, now that I have moved to exchange 2007 (some NOT all) of the email she sends has her old name in the reply?????  Worked fine in Exchange 2003.  The emails that have the old "reply to" address are generated by an old .asp app using CDONTS.

I get the feeling that with Exchange 2007 renaming an account will not be as simple as right clicking the account and choosing 'rename'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

sfarmer
Post #: 1
RE: Renaming user accounts - 12.Feb.2008 2:52:59 PM   
tfd6412

No, it's not quite as simple as right-click > rename.  But close.  

In the EMC, you right-click the account and choose Properties.  Three main tabs of concern here.  General, User Information, and Account.  Make your changes there.  When you change the Alias under the "Account" tab and hit Apply, you should see a new SMTP address appear in the "Email Addresses" tab.  The old one should still be there as well.

Bob

(in reply to sfarmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Renaming user accounts - 12.Feb.2008 2:55:47 PM   
sfarmer

Thanks

So are you saying I should rename this account in the EMC (on Exchange 2007) and not using Activie Directory Users and Computers on my Domain Controller?

Thanks again

sfarmer

(in reply to tfd6412)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Renaming user accounts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter