• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OAB files not in Exchange 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> OAB files not in Exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OAB files not in Exchange 2007 - 15.Feb.2008 3:05:40 PM   
TCheck

We recently purchased a new server with Exchange 2007.   We imported the mailboxs from SBS 2003. THe instalation went fine except for a couple of mail boxes that did not come over properly so we deleted those and created new mail boxes.
THe address list would not show up in Servers  and when we ran the commands to show the public folders our Exchange Store shut down.  Now when we go into any of the Organization and Mailbox we get the following message.  (There are no files in our OAB directory.)

arning:
The command completed successfully but no settings of '\Public Folders' have been modified.

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
set-AddressList -Instance '\Public Folders'
Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

Apply Public Folders
Completed
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/ourdomain Contacts" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 3a" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - \/o=NOVA-COMM\/cn=addrlists\/cn=oabs\/cn=Defa" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - first administrative group" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Schedule+ Free Busy Information - first administrative group" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/GFI AntiSpam Folders" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/This is spam email" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/This is legitimate email" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Add to blacklist" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Add to whitelist" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/I want this Discussion list" is invalid and could not be updated.
Warning:
The recipient "ourdomain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 4" is invalid and could not be updated.

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
update-AddressList -Identity '\Public Folders'
Elapsed Time: 00:00:00
Post #: 1
RE: OAB files not in Exchange 2007 - 19.Feb.2008 6:54:22 PM   
TCheck

Here is what we had to do to get our public folders working in 07.  IT was so easy (once we called Microsoft) and I am not sure why the default setting are not set for anonymous.

Go into Exchange Manager
Server Configuration
Hub Transport
Properties
Permissions

Select the Anonymous box and try it again, you may have to wait for the replication from the 2003 server to get the public folders updated.

(in reply to TCheck)
Post #: 2
RE: OAB files not in Exchange 2007 - 7.Sep.2009 3:48:11 PM   
ahanbali

I faced this problem on my environment... because of improper migration " I killed the Exchange 2003 server before finishing migration steps"...

The items listed in the Warning messeges is Excange2003-related public folders and they are mail-enabled by default... while in Exchange 2007 they are mail-disabled

so what i did to resolve this problem is to open by mail-disable all of these items...

now... my GAl is fully updated... my OAB is fully generated...

Abdelrahim I. Al-Hanbali
www.micromissions.com

(in reply to TCheck)
Post #: 3
RE: OAB files not in Exchange 2007 - 21.Aug.2010 8:01:25 PM   
leonardg

Could you please clarify what you did when you said:

"so what i did to resolve this problem is to open by mail-disable all of these items..."

- what exact steps did you take?

(in reply to ahanbali)
Post #: 4
RE: OAB files not in Exchange 2007 - 22.Aug.2010 5:00:20 AM   
ahanbali

Hi leonardg,
1. By the use of ADSIEdit utility.
2. Navigate to the object and open its properties.
3. Check the Alias names for each object and remove the spaces in between.

OR you can open MS ESM 2003, navigate to Public folders, show the system folders, then right click each folder and mail disable.

< Message edited by ahanbali -- 22.Aug.2010 8:10:43 AM >

Abdelrahim I. Al-Hanbali
www.micromissions.com

(in reply to leonardg)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> OAB files not in Exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter